Filed

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
Hi all,

I've got a P5N-E SLI motherboard, without SLI enabled games run fine - yet when it is enabled the game crashes and I have to manually restart the PC.

OS - Vista home premium - 32 bit
Power - 600W
GFX Cards - 9600GT (x2)
Motherboard - P5N-E SLI
CPU - Q6600 Quad core
RAM - 4GB
Harddrive - SATA II

- Also it may be a simple fix as the drivers, but the last time I installed those I had to reinstall Vista, so obviously I want to be doing that again.

Im stuck, Id really like a simplified step by step procedure so i can just go and do it and get it done with and finally play with the 2 GFX cards I payed for.

Apppriciated,
James.

Filed

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
A latest link for driver downloads could work (Maybe from asus webside instead of nvidia?(Where i got my current drivers from))

But yeah, any suggestion will help

Matt26LFC

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Wat drivers are you actually running? I take it ur 9600GT's are Asus as thats where u said u got drivers from? Wat BIOS revision are u running on your P5N-E Sli?

You say that it works fine with sli disabled. have u tried running both cards but seperatly? remove one and play on the other then swap them over and play the other jus to make sure that its not a fault with one of the cards?

Did u plug the 6pin connectors from your PSU into both ur cards so there both getting the power requried?

Not sure if u have too or not but is there anything in the BIOS that u have to change to run sli?

Wats the PSU Make? although u state 600w if its not of good quality that cud provide the trouble too.

Hope some of this helps u.

Filed

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
EvoStream 600W CPU

Ive checked out everything hardware wise, which is the easy part.
The part Im bad at is the software/drivers etc.

Thanks for the help though - Im looking into BIOS changes/updates, and I got a feeling it could be the problem

Matt26LFC

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Ok, well if you've eliminated the possibilty of hardware faults, wud imagine you;ve jus not set it up correctly. It seems setting up Sli isn't always straight forward.

How have u got on with your new BIOS and drivers? Again wat BIOS have u installed? and wat drivers have u installed?