Wow these are some of the weirdest gfx card prices

Best Buy constantly 'rapes' consumers. Prices like these are evidence of that. That is why I never buy from Best Buy.

The other stunts they pull like increasing the prices of all XBOX360 controllers and accessories a week prior to the release of Halo 3 in anticipation of increased XBOX360 sales is futher evidence of their foul tactics.

Then they try to screw you with the extended warranty and accident protection. Then offer to load Norton antivirus on your system for $80.

My aunt in Tennessee had the geek squad come over to her house to set up a wireless network for her computer. They stuck her with a $300 bill !!! R-A-P-E!!!

I was at Best Buy about 3 weeks ago with a friend of mine ONLY Because he had a $70 gift card to Best Buy. He wanted to get some extra DDR2 800 ram.

This is how bad it was:
1. They did not have DDR800 only DDR533 by PNY
2. It was (crap) high latency ram with no heatsink cover - non-gaming ram
3. They wanted $198 for a 1 GB kit!!!! (512MB x 2)

I could get the exact same type of ram from Kingston, Corsair, or Crucial on newegg.com for about $18 bucks!

Talk about INSANE profit! That is if they can find someone insane enough to buy it.

I told the sales person their ram prices are absuolute rape. He totally agreed with me. (He is a computer builder too.) 3 more employees chimed in and even admited their own company's prices are a rip-off. How bad is that?

Asian PingPong

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
I remember back when the 3870's came out, and raised from $220 to $250 in the month following the release, and my friend managed to pick one up from best buy for $215, which was 35$ less than any other price at the time. They just don't update their prices with time, they just keep them at whatever price they were first listed at.

nkarasch

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
The biggest scam they have going is the way they push expensive cables on people whenever they buy TVs or audio equipment.

The cheapest HDMI cable they sell is $50 for 3' and $60 for 6'

That is about a 1000% markup

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
What do you guys expect it's Best Buy. The only reason I ever look at their computer hardware is to get a good laugh, although, at times they do have some good deals on monitors and hard drives.

jtnstnt

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
And the surprising thing is that the employees agreed with you. That never happens to me even though im 14. My local store has an employee saying all the time ddr533 1gb stick at $100 is a good.

Well said. +1