Planned system specs - please advise

I am planning on getting this build for a good gaming system:

NZXT Zero Aluminum Full Tower
CoolerMaster Unit 600 Watts eXtreme Power – SLI Supports
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66ghz
(Waiting till April 20th when price drops, would like to OC to 3.2ghz)
CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling System think is AquagateS1
Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Motherboard
4gb (2x2gb) Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 6400C5DHX ram
2x EVGA Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512mb video cards
500gb SATA-II 3gb/s 16mb cache 7200 rpm hard drive

Cyberpower’s price for this build is $1,499 + $84 for the ram from newegg before shipping
I tried to price the parts separately and could only beat it by about $200, so would have them build it just for the tech support and 3 year warranty

All the reviews I could find seem to report the hardware as decent.
So, I figured I would make a final attempt and ask the experts to be sure :sol:

Any thoughts / opinions / advice would be greatly appreciated.
4 answers Last reply
More about planned system specs advise
  1. I would drop the Cooler Master PSU in favor of anything made by Corsair. Check out Buy.com's deal on the Corsair 550 VX.

Also, the Q6600 is a much better deal. You can overclock easily to the same levels as a Q6700 can.

Nix the SLI 650i chipset. I would pick up a 750i at least, preferably a 780i.

Looks good otherwise. I am jealous of your case!
  2. Cpt Deadboots said:
    I would drop the Cooler Master PSU in favor of anything made by Corsair. Check out Buy.com's deal on the Corsair 550 VX.

Unfortunately, Cyberpower doesn't offer any Corsair PSU's. Great to keep in mind though if I decide to build myself though :)

Cpt Deadboots said:
    Also, the Q6600 is a much better deal. You can overclock easily to the same levels as a Q6700 can.

I was thinking that when the price drops to $270 on April 20th that the Q6700 would be worth it?

Cpt Deadboots said:
    Nix the SLI 650i chipset. I would pick up a 750i at least, preferably a 780i.

Thanks for the advice. For an extra $33 I absolutely will get the Asus P5N-D 750i.

Cpt Deadboots said:
    Looks good otherwise. I am jealous of your case!

Great to hear it's a decent case :)

Thanks again for your reply *cheers*
  3. there isnt much difference between the q6700 and the q6600. it almost as if its just oc'ed from the factory. i would rather get a q6600 now for 250$

and, why not build it yourself?? it will shave a couple hundred off the price i would think
  4. My thoughts exactly, 0gab0ga.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Cooler Master Systems Product