Frozen Bios on A8N-E

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Ok, I was running bios version v1005 on my A8N-E, and I was having the slow cpu fan problem (a documented problem fixed by later bios revisions), hence I decided to flash the bios. Using the Asus flash utility, I flashed the bios to v1013. After the flash, the computer restarted and displayed the Asus splash screen and hung there. There was however, the usual beep indicating POST. The keyboard does not work so I am unable to access the bios settings. I then removed the battery and replaced it and the computer successfully booted into windows and displayed the new bios version 1013. Then I shut down the computer, and cold started it, and now it is stuck at the Asus splash screen again. The battery trick fails to do anything even after having it out for 12hours +. Dos boot with a floppy doesn't get me anywhere because the system is not able to get to the point where it detects something in the floppy drive......any ideas?

System Specs:

Asus A8N-E
Opteron 146
2x1gb Kingston ddr400

tp0908

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Have same problem on our 2 computers. First was a Dell 4600c weeks ago. I thought the BIOS chip got fried. Set aside the CPU rather than replacing the Mobo. Then same problem popped today on my Compaq presario. The display is stucked on the flash screen. Tried cold boot and attemted to do BIOS setup. But will not go to set up. Both computers have same symptoms. Are these CPU wasted already? Is this caused by a nasty virus? Help.

tp0908

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Have same problem on our 2 computers. First was a Dell 4600c weeks ago. I thought the BIOS chip got fried. Set aside the CPU rather than replacing the Mobo. Then same problem popped today on my Compaq presario. The display is stucked on the flash screen. Tried cold boot and attemted to do BIOS setup. But will not go to set up. Both computers have same symptoms. Are these CPU wasted already? Is this caused by a nasty virus? Help.

aidz44

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008
soo, no answers yet.

i have the same problem. however it occured when i had to try and re-install a new d-link wireless N adapter (after a failed first attempt, because i decided to do a rush job.)

just get stuck on the "ASUS A8N-E" opening screen.

specs:
A8N-E
AMD 64 x 2 4400+
4 GB generic pc3200 RAM
vista home premium 32 bit.