Sign in with
Your question

Post Your sexy Computers. Get the nicest Angle;)

Last response: in Systems
March 16, 2008 1:16:59 PM

Post a Picture or pictures of your computer/s.

Lets see how creative you are!!

Heres mine with Specifications:

Case: Thermaltake VA8003SWA Armor Super Tower Aluminum case Silver w/ 25cm fan side panel
Motherboard: Asus Striker II Formula
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40, OCed to 3.4
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS-9700LED
RAM: 2 x's OCZ Gold Sticks (800MHZ), 2 x's OCZ SLI Sticks (800 MHZ) both in Dual-Channel Timings: 3-4-4-11
Hard Drives: 3 x's 250 Gig SAta. 2 of which are in RAID 0
Video Cards: 2 x's Galaxy 9600 GTs Clocked at 675 mhz and 1000 mhz. (temporary till the 9800 GX2 come out)
Drives: LG DVD drives x's 2
PSU: Corsair HX620 Watts
Mouse: Habu
Keyboard: Reclusa
Monitor: 17 Inch Monitor ( I have it since 2002 or so I'm surpised its running so well...I never turn it off lol)

March 16, 2008 2:50:59 PM

ok here goes:=

Gigabyte 3D Aurora, Msi P35 Neo2-Fr, Q6600@3Ghz T.R.U.E. WITH NEXUS 120PWM Fan,
Patriot PC6400 2x1Gb @ 4.4.4.12 kit 3x Seagate 500Gb Sata 300 drives, 1x seagate 200Gb Sata 300 drive,
6800Gt 256Mb. Liteon Sh-16a7s SDVD-RW, TSST Sh-s203D DVD-RW Hiper 580w Type R PSU
Antec Veris MX-1 Esata Enclosure (on E-sata) with Maxtor 200Gb Sata 150 drive.
Running Windows XP/Vista Ultimate/Linux

Antec Atlas (Black one), Asrock 939N68PV-GLAN, Athlon 3800+ x2, Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro PWM, 2x 1Gb DDR400,
2x Maxtor sata 150 Drives, Nec ND-4570a DVD-RW, Sony CRX330E DVD/CD-RW, USB Internal Card Reader.
Hiper 530W Type R PSU. Running Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition

ThemalRock Eclipse (Silver one) Asrock 939SLi-Esata2, Athlon 3500+, Arctic Colling Frezer Pro 64,
2x512Mb DDR400, Ati X300, 1x maxtor 200Gb Sata 150, 1x HGST 160Gb Sata 150, 1x Maxtor 160Gb Sata 150,
Liteon 52x32x52 CD-RW, 1x Nec ND-3540A, internal Usb card reader. Jeantec 450W PSU

Epson Stylus R300m printer

Wifes PC :wahoo: 

Dell Optiplex GX270, P4 2.6HT (Socket 428) 800FSB 2x256Mb DDR400, 40Gb IDE HDD, Samsung CD-Rom.

March 16, 2008 2:53:24 PM

Pics are small but I canmake em lol thats alot of pcs:D 
Related resources
March 16, 2008 4:21:07 PM

Check this **** out! :wahoo: 

Note the customised reset button (a.k.a hammer) and extra venting capability! This is one hardcore MoFo :lol: 

Don't be decieved by looks though, it's not a bad machine, just needs a beating sometimes....
March 16, 2008 4:28:46 PM

LOL thats something MaximumPC mag needs:D  lol I love it!!!!!!
March 16, 2008 4:39:01 PM

Maybe I should approach Dell with this design for next gen XPS (Xtra Piece of Sh**) :-)
March 16, 2008 4:41:45 PM

LOL I would invest in the idea:D 
March 16, 2008 6:02:11 PM

I have a carrying case for mine like this one.

March 16, 2008 6:43:04 PM

Whose butt is that? Doesn't look big enough to carry full size case, maybe an htpc would squeeze between the cheeks, but airflow might be a problem!
March 16, 2008 8:22:37 PM

Nah, easy cure for the airflow issue, diet of Baked Beans!
March 16, 2008 8:41:30 PM

rtfm said:
Check this **** out! :wahoo: 

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/r.ayley-dodd/pc/pc.jpg

Note the customised reset button (a.k.a hammer) and extra venting capability! This is one hardcore MoFo :lol: 

Don't be decieved by looks though, it's not a bad machine, just needs a beating sometimes....

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!GRRREAT... : :bounce:  :lol:  :pt1cable:  )
a b B Homebuilt system
March 16, 2008 9:21:59 PM

Specs: MSI K9A Platinum X580 Crossfire AM2 Motherboard - AMD 64x2 4200 (65W) processor – Sapphire X1950GT 256MB - 2 Gigs Kingston Hyper-X DDR2 800 - 250 Gig Western Digital Sata Drive (16MB buffer) - 700 Watt OCZ Technologies Game Stream PSU - LG optical drives - Cooler Master Centurion 534 Case - Logitech MX518 gaming mouse - Logitech Media Elite keyboard - Windows XP Media Center Edition - NEC Multisync 90GX2 19" 4ms LCD Monitor 1280x1024 - Microsoft XBOX360 PC controller - Dell Axim Pocket PC - XTrac Ripper gaming mousepad

March 16, 2008 9:34:41 PM

Nicely colored case and very nice desk setup:)  I like the xbox controller!
a b B Homebuilt system
March 16, 2008 9:48:34 PM

I think what I like best about my set up is two things:

1.) I installed a 23" florescent kitchen light under the desk over the keyboard tray. It makes viewing the keyboard MUCH easier! I use it a lot playing games at night in the dark.

2.) A gaming rig would never survive in a hutch like mine due to lack of ventilation and heat. SOLOUTION: I drilled a 120mm hole in the back of the desk and installed a 120mm LED fan. I installed a PCI power bracket on my PC which transfers power from inside the case to outside of the case to power the fan. If I ever see the LEDs go off on the fan I know it got disconnected from the computer. However that almost never happens. Only occurred 1 time with in a year's time. See picture below. The computer cabinet is now only a few degrees warmer than the outside air. It is a very minor difference like 2/3 degrees F. My computer would never survive with out it. Cost: PCI Power bracket $9, Cooler Master LED fan $4.50 (2 for $9 on newegg.com)

I just now rebooted my computer and checked the system temp in the Bios:
CPU: 39c/102f
System: 37c/98f

After 5 hours of running

March 16, 2008 9:50:15 PM

really cool:) 
March 16, 2008 10:25:07 PM

Exterior

Interior

Thermaltake Tunderblade LED Fan In Power Supply

a b B Homebuilt system
March 16, 2008 10:30:48 PM

Dang. You got me beat.

NICE machine. I like the water cooling. You got that set up well. I love the cable management. I noticed you got 3 zip ties on that cross bar at the top of the case I assume funneling cables across it. Never tried that before. Are those data or power cables you got crossing over that bar or both?

Is that a modular power supply you got?
March 16, 2008 10:46:46 PM

Yeah same with me lol I can't afford water cooling LOL Plus I'm afraid of the tube popping:p  it happened to my friendP hjahahaha (cheap water cooling)

hey you have the same pSU except mine is 620 or 630
lol
March 16, 2008 11:09:58 PM

ok thats it... its time to take pics and get mine online... LOL

will be back
March 17, 2008 3:34:51 AM

my power supply is corsair 520W. i popped it open and replaced the stock fan with a thermaltake thunderblade blue led fan. when i got the case and power supply i built the whole system and then cut the cables and shortened or lengthened them so that they're as hidden as possible (then soldered them and used black heat shrink tubing to keep the exposed leads from shorting each other out). the 3 zip ties you see on the bar actually keep the power cable for my thermaltake video card power supply hidden (i'm getting rid of it cuz it cant handle my video card).

my whole water cooling loop actually didnt cost me that much. i got my cpu waterblock (Alphacool nexxxos xp) and my radiator (primochill dual 120mm) on clearance from moddersmart.com (lucky i guess). my gpu waterblock is a cooler master glacier 600 that i got new in box off ebay for way below retail. the pump is just a regular thermaltake pump and the reservoir is a swiftech mini-res from frozen cpu. tubing, fittings and clamps are from home depot ;p . moral of the story...shop around.

the pics are recent, but since i've taken them i actually painted the front aluminum "X" and the top of the case with chalkboard spray so i can write notes and stuff on the case. (i get bored). i also put the radiator inside the case upside down so it fits (barely) and it also makes the case easier to carry. if i find my camera i'll take more pics.
March 17, 2008 4:22:35 AM

I'll get mine up here later this week. I've been wanting to show it off for a while, did a bit of cleaning up and the like. Hopefully the rest of you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy seeing others' setups.

I'm just waiting for Soldier to show up with his green machine...
March 17, 2008 5:05:10 AM

Here's my rig I just built a couple months ago. Pictures are from a couple days after building it and since then I've gone back in there and fixed my shoddy cable management...I was just lazy at the time. Not planning on OC'ing for a little bit so I stuck with the stock HSF on my E8400 for now. Now that the excuses are out of the way, on to the pictures...

a b B Homebuilt system
March 17, 2008 10:48:36 PM

Ramen!

I LOVE your case. I have never seen that case in person but I am sure the pictures do not do it justice. I sure that mesh front looks a whole lot better in person than it does on camera. What type of system temps do you get with that case?

You look like you got some great components in it. E8400. What kind of card do you got in there? 29XX or a 38XX series?

I love your case selection. How do you like it? That only has one 80nm fan in the front right? Or is that 120mm?

I am glad you posted your picture. I think I may use your case in a future build here in the near future for a friend of mine. It has a really nice clean look to it. You must be pretty excited.

What are your specs?
March 17, 2008 11:48:42 PM

rwayne said:
Ramen!

I LOVE your case. I have never seen that case in person but I am sure the pictures do not do it justice. I sure that mesh front looks a whole lot better in person than it does on camera.

I've used the case for an old high school teacher of mine, and he loves it. I'm not a fan of the 80mm fan up front (no pun intended), but it does the job. Keeps things cool enough, and he hasn't called to complain about it. Installation went pretty smoothly, as well. For the price, it's a really good buy.
March 18, 2008 2:16:43 AM

Well, here ya go guys.... I sure wish I would have disconnected everything to arrange case to better the pics but oh well.

If you would like a tad bit more details, check out part of my website...

http://www.zlogi.net/computer2.htm
March 18, 2008 10:22:33 AM

Intel C2D E6750 w/ Scythe Mine SCMN-1100
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 w/ Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II
Corsair DDR2 Twin2X 2048 PC6400C4 (4-4-4-12)
Western Digital Caviar SE 160 Gb WD1600AAJS
XFX 8800GT Extreme 512Mb w/ Thermaltake DuOrb
SilverStone Element 500Watt ST50EF
Antec Nine Hundred
Altec Lansing CS21
ViewSonic VG2030wm 20"widescreen
Logitech G3 Laser Mouse

March 18, 2008 11:23:57 AM

Damn guys, your rigs all look great but am I the only one that is really anoyed by light on the case?? I meen, I bought the box I could find without any lights on the fans or window, and I deactivated the only LED on the box (power button). I even have the LED on my monitor deactivated because it distructs me when gaming or watching movies. I mean, a rig with so many lights and flashy fans etc, would be a total nightmare for me!! I need perfect darkness when playing!!! Anyone like me out there or am I just too wierd??
March 18, 2008 11:36:08 AM

I agree with ya buddy. I have the Antec 900 case and have been considering cutting the wire for the led on the fans for some time now... I'm just concerned about cutting the wrong wire.
March 18, 2008 12:23:12 PM

No lights and no bling, I'm a little too old for that kind of stuff. I'll just have to get by with the parts inside.
March 18, 2008 1:54:51 PM

rwayne said:
Ramen!

I LOVE your case. I have never seen that case in person but I am sure the pictures do not do it justice. I sure that mesh front looks a whole lot better in person than it does on camera. What type of system temps do you get with that case?

You look like you got some great components in it. E8400. What kind of card do you got in there? 29XX or a 38XX series?

I love your case selection. How do you like it? That only has one 80nm fan in the front right? Or is that 120mm?

I am glad you posted your picture. I think I may use your case in a future build here in the near future for a friend of mine. It has a really nice clean look to it. You must be pretty excited.

What are your specs?

Heheh, yeah I do love the case. It has to be the best case in it's price range. Normally around $50 (at least on NewEgg, which is where I got it) and the best part was that I got it on special. $40 plus a $15 rebate, so it was basically a $25 case for me. Even if I wasn't on a budget I would have gone with this case though. Really sleek and simple looking which I love.

To answer your questions...

The card is a VisionTek 3850 512MB. Like I said, I was on a budget and I couldn't justify paying more than $60 extra for a 8800 GT the way the prices were at the time, for just a few extra FPS's. So far I love it and it'll tide me over just great until the new generations show up (ie. NV 9800's or ATI 4800's).

The case has one 80mm fan in front and a 120mm in back. As chedrz mentioned, I'm also not a huge "fan" of the 80mm, but it's still fine and not as loud as I thought it would be, considering how loud some 80mm fans can get. But with the two fans and the perforated front panel, you get some nice airflow. My HDD sits directly behind the 80mm fan and it is constantly cool to the touch, even after hours of operation which is nice. The 3850 stays cool at around 40c when idle and well, I'd love to give you some accurate temperatures for the E8400, but with it's funky temp readings, it's kinda tough. I will say that my MoBo (ASUS) software shows 28c idle and CoreTemp shows 45c idle on the E8400, so take that for what it's worth.

Overall specs:
E8400 (not OC'ed yet, don't really need it, but will eventually)
ASUS P5K-E
2GB Crucial Ballistix
3850 512mb
Seagate Barracuda 250GB
ASUS DVD-/+RW
Antec Earthwatts 500
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Case

Total $770 after rebates :D 

Just wish my digital camera didn't go kaput on me, otherwise I'd take some updated pictures with my slightly improved cable organization. I hate to be the only nub showing his ineptitude at cable management when everyone else's cases look so pristine and organized. Ah well.
March 18, 2008 2:54:07 PM

Here yah go this is her turned off. I will post with everything on tonight.
March 18, 2008 3:42:08 PM

March 18, 2008 4:09:29 PM

Those lights are all controlled.... I myself have everything turned off except gaming fans when gaming.
March 18, 2008 4:29:19 PM

Zorg said:
No lights and no bling, I'm a little too old for that kind of stuff. I'll just have to get by with the parts inside.

Agreed, everything but the old part. :ange: 

Mine is flat black, quiet and the only light on it (the power light) got colored over with a sharpie.
March 18, 2008 4:43:46 PM

Zorg said:

I agree, even with the old part. I went through the CCFL, LED fan, windowed case thing with my first build but now they all sit in my spare parts box.
March 18, 2008 5:12:30 PM

ausch30 said:
I agree, even with the old part. I went through the CCFL, LED fan, windowed case thing with my first build but now they all sit in my spare parts box.

Yeah, I've enjoyed the whole "OMG LIGHTS!!!" thing with this computer. It's been fun, and definitely added a little more personality to the computer. But the next time I build, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a straightforward, no-frills-yet-elegant case.

I'll put pictures up Friday, I swear.
March 18, 2008 5:48:17 PM

Thats why the last case I purchased was an Antec Atlas, no fancy lights!
Anonymous
March 18, 2008 5:52:27 PM

truehighroller said:
Here yah go this is her turned off. I will post with everything on tonight.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z168/truehighroller1/100_0056.jpg

Per your image I hope that the fan on the video card is using a PULL or else you are fighting for air from the PSU also. Set it up so that its pulling through the heat sink fins on the video card and pushing that air into the fan that is pulling into the PSU then blowing it out the back ofthe case and I bet your GPU temp drops at least 3-5 deg.
March 18, 2008 6:02:49 PM

Anonymous said:
Per your image I hope that the fan on the video card is using a PULL or else you are fighting for air from the PSU also. Set it up so that its pulling through the heat sink fins on the video card and pushing that air into the fan that is pulling into the PSU then blowing it out the back ofthe case and I bet your GPU temp drops at least 3-5 deg.

It is a pretty ballsy fan but, I will atempt it and see what it does but, I don't know because the memory on that card needs air blown onto it to you know. My core temp is a consistent 35c and only reaches like 46c full load on the gpu.
Anonymous
March 18, 2008 6:06:29 PM

truehighroller said:
It is a pretty ballsy fan but, I will atempt it and see what it does but, I don't know because the memory on that card needs air blown onto it to you know. My core temp is a consistent 35c and only reaches like 46c full load on the gpu.

Does your case side have a fan in it?
March 18, 2008 6:32:05 PM

lol

those are all my old systems
i just got this one but the only problem is that its way to hot and doesnt have any memory but it performs great in games
March 18, 2008 8:23:55 PM

It doesn't have big enough storage for me from the pic it seems. I like them to have big fat amounts of storage. Ah hell her lips are non existant lol. No my side panels spot for a fan is useless my heatsink on the video card will not allow for a fan there :p .
March 19, 2008 2:56:06 PM

I posed this pics in another thread, but I will post them here as well. Case is full tower Enermax Chakra with two additional 120mm fans that I added to the inside of the case. Processor temps idle between 27-31 degrees Celsius depending on house temps.

March 19, 2008 3:55:22 PM

I'm at work so I'm limited to what pics I have but here goes nothing.

March 19, 2008 3:59:58 PM

blashyrkh said:
Damn guys, your rigs all look great but am I the only one that is really anoyed by light on the case?? I meen, I bought the box I could find without any lights on the fans or window, and I deactivated the only LED on the box (power button). I even have the LED on my monitor deactivated because it distructs me when gaming or watching movies. I mean, a rig with so many lights and flashy fans etc, would be a total nightmare for me!! I need perfect darkness when playing!!! Anyone like me out there or am I just too wierd??

I couldn't agree more! I have the thermaltake armor series case, which naturally shows off all sorts of glorious LEDs, especially with my hardware. I remedy this though by placing the case to my left hand side, so I cannot see the see-through panel. lol. Great case for cooling though...
March 19, 2008 4:32:51 PM

The way my desk is situated My case is on my left side near the floor in a cubby and I can't see them either which is nice.
March 19, 2008 5:30:10 PM

My case and most of these other cases you are seeing don't come with the lights. They are installed. Stop getting mad at the cases.. HAHA
March 19, 2008 5:30:31 PM

And the first laptop! Come on, laptops can be cool too!
March 19, 2008 5:34:04 PM

here's my rig!

opened it up today,to give it a cleaning.loads of dust in the case and on the components.
    • 1 / 8
    • More pages
    • Next
    • Newest
!