MB won't screw into case

jaysins

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Ok so I've just got all the components in for my new and first built rig and I'm having a bit of a problem. For the life of me I cannot get the MB (gigabyte P35-DS3R rev 2.0) to screw properly into my case (Coolermaster 690). Once I get the outputs lined up properly and I'm able to put the bottom and middle screw but for the life of me I cannot line the top screws up so the top of the MB for the life of me. They are both off about half a cm and if I have one top one in I cannot screw anything else in so I have to stick with the bottom and middle and when I do that the top sags a bit as I have a Tuniq Tower HS. Should I just return the case and how normal is this?

gow87

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
you have a few options, try screwing in the top ones first, this can sometimes require a bit of pressure from the side of the motherboard pushing towards the IO shield. otherwise. take out the IO shield and see if it will screw in easily. sometimes the IO shield can create a lot of resistance, but usually not too much. finally, make sure your raisers are in the correct holes, other than that not much else u can do

jaysins

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Thanks for the help. I tried removing the I/O shield and different screws in first as well as applying pressure to the board until it started to bend and I got scared and to no avail and have checked all the headers... twice. I've spent a few hours on it literally and am just fed up so I think I'll just get a antec 900 case instead and give this case to a friend and see if they have better luck. Thanks for all the responses though.