Are your wires hanging out????

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
How are the wires inside your case? Mine are a mess...sorta....I can't find a place for them. :S Any ideas?????

Side
DSC00077.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

HELP!!!! LOL:p hahah

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
if consumer mobo's were designed like the servers that i used to work with,then the psu would be at the bottom with a hard wired connection to the mobo and the drive connectors would all stem from some sort of card or edge connector,the only fly in the ointment would be the video card and it's increasingly multiplying connectors/power needz...:)

Email me some time and I will give you some pointers. I am an 'expert' in this area. After reading my instructional guide on wire management and 15 minutes solid concentrated effort and I can have your case looking nice and neat just like mine:
wired.jpg

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
On My Next Machine (I Just Joined The U.S.A.F And My First Paycheck I Will Start The Build) It Will Have A Modded Mac G5 Case Im Going To Install The 750Watt PC Power&Cooling Power Supply, My 16GB SSD Boot Disk, 2x 10,000RPM Raptors And 4x Blu-Ray Burner At TheBottom of The Case Seperated From The Motherbard Area (The Motherboard Area Having A Window Only) So I Wont Have Any Wire Hiding Issues, As For The SATA Cables And Sutch They With Run Up Behind The Motherboard

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
Its very neat but I have 3 hds 1 floppy 2 Cd rom drives and a VU detector plus LED color switch
Plus the LCD poster, and the Zalman CPU fan Control Wire.
lol

panicatak

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
The spec has changed since then, but it is still as tidy.

I used to use a Silverstone eudemon but there were just too many wires!

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Noobs!
j/k

Ever heard of cable ties, or "zip" ties?
They look like this:
zip_ties.gif

without them my case would not look this neat (pic is low quality, sorry)
Post-tieup.jpg

I took at look at that link you posted. WOW! That is BEYOND IMPRESSIVE! That gives me sooo many ideas for my current machine and future builds.

Question: When you lay down sound dampening foam do you have to file the sides of your case to make it stick better?

MrMr

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
No clue. I didn't build it and never tried sound dampening foam. May be some one here can answer that.
But I would assume so.

MrMr, that setup is great! I love how the case exterior is just dull and black (no offense), but the interior is amazing! I always try to do that with my cases too. I'll have to try some of those cool things your guy did in my next build.

MrMr

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
Just to clarify. That's not my computer. I didn't build it. It was built by someone else for one of my on line friends.

Yes, I am aware of that. I was hoping to pull off of your experience or someone else's experience to answer that question. Sorry for the confusion.

That guy is awesome. Do you have any more links for builds he did? Do you by chance know what kind of silent case fans he uses?