BROKEN FAN FIN

wah_gwan

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
HEy guys..

I Have a Antec 900 . I Broke The top 200mm FAN.. One of the fins broke off.
Now my whole computer Shakes.(i think its outta balance

Is there any way to fix it?.

Any ideas?

asap

thx

Yeah, get a new fan. There is no way you can fix it so that it is perfectly balanced. Even if you could super glue it back on, I am afraid it will still end up being out of balance enough to severly shorten the life of the motor, and risk other problems.

wah_gwan

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
BREAK THE OTHER FIN????
YOU THINK THAT WOULD WORK...

I dont order things online.. So ordering a new one is outta the question...

ANy other HINTS....

other ideas...
any creative ppl in here>?

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

Just go and buy a new fan....

Un - plug it for now and await for the new one to appear, other wise it will shake your granny out of her bed.....

You could try breaking the opposite fin off but it will have to be a complete match for it to work. Break them both right off...

We dont want creative people here, down to the Danny K fiasco...

Just get a new fan.

There is no real "opposite" fin since there are a total of 9 fins.

If you don't like ordering things online then just disconnect the fan an don't be bothered with it. Or buy a whole new complete case from which ever store you purchased the original one from.

boonality

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
Just go to a computer store and get another one, this hasn't crossed your mind yet?!? Why don't you order things online? Even my grandparents order stuff online.

coldneutron

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006

Here's what i would suggest if u absolutely do not want to by a new fan.
1) crazy glue the blade back on. u can sand the blade to balance if needed.

-or-
2) drill small holes in the opposite 2 blades until it's back in balance.

wah_gwan

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008

BECAUSe u cant get the Big Boy 200mm fan in 99.5% of all stores..

rockbyter

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
it used to be really easy to bust a fan on high rpm small fans by bumping it with a knuckle. they spin so fast there will be an extreme vibration with the missing blade. anyways a huge low rpm fan can have the blade super glued back on, but only by further lowering the fan speed to reduce vibration caused by the glue and misalignment

ocfun

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
I was going to add an idea to fix it, but I realize the whole fin is broken. My idea was if the fin had a crack in it. Then you could just keep adding little strips of clear scotch tape until the weight equaled the lost amount of plastic. Then it would be balanced. But it sounds like a new fan is easiest at this point.

Edit: You could break off the fin on the opposite side ;) . Just kidding.

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
you still havent said why you dont buy thing online, you obviously have the internet. ive been bying thing online since i was 12 with paypal :) (arhhh too easy)

seriously if you dont you will get screwed over by shops.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Heh.. I pretty much love shopping online. Don't have ta walk, carry your stuff around or push a cart, then stand in line to pay.

I buy all PC parts online, and some other things.

Just about any online place also gives you the option to call them to place an order. That mighty puddy should be some good stuff to work with. I saw the commercial and it looks like it has allot of uses to fix things, but I haven't tried it. Although I was thinking about it. :lol:

Edit:

Here's a quote from that site I linked:

It sticks on glass, tiles, metals, wood, ceramics and other materials. It%u2019s the only epoxy that you can sand, paint and drill on. It is perfect for doing minor home repairs such as sealing leaks on pipes and filling cracks on walls, floors and ceilings. You can use it to install new furnishings because it can hold up to 350 lbs of weight. You can also use it to fix broken tools and make them stronger than before.

Surely if it can hold up to 350bs of weight, I'd think another part of the blade would break before the blade ya fix. :lol: