Get rid of Google Updater in Vista and XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Hi.

There is a process called GoogleUpdater.xee I cannot get rid of. Can anyone tell me how?

I think I need a complete re-install.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 and 64-bit. I also have Windows XP Home Premium 32-bit.

When I was in XP I uninstalled the Google Earth plug-in. But that stupid process STILL starts up after I disabled it numerous times and uninstalled the plug-in.

This process is a COMPLETE hassle when I boot up the computer, for a while after and randomly when it starts to conflict with my mouse pointer, jeyboard, wireless mouse and keyboard, programs, logging onto the internet, installing or uninstalling programs, etc.

Thank you.

U can prohibit it from starting up. Just deselect it.

20120402202645.png

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I try not to use msconfig unless I have to. I've had problems with it before.

Is there a way to uninstall it? Is there a way to find out where it is or which program installed it? I did uninstall the google earth plug-in with it's uninstall tool not add/remove programs in XP.

SyncroScales

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
"Than go to services.msc ?(and disable automatic start up to manual) or use CCleaner. " I did the services.msc. It's disabled. There is two for some reason.

I can't see anything google related in the installer. Do you mean add/remove programs? There is nothing left from what I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.