pc wont boot

Hi

I defragmented my NTFS... 80gb ATA...C:/drive with (XP Home) on it.
Then defragged my NTFS...250gb PCI.SATA...F:/drive...(Storage.)

After that I then used the error checking tool on the (Storage) HDD,
this then needs to re-boot the system to start the process, but
unfortunately
I got a blue screen (Stop: 0X00000024) I tried last known good/
booting from CD,opened PC and re-seated PCI card and checked
cables, but still can't get the pc to boot, it wont even go into safe mode.

I haven't recently installed drivers either. I googled and one option was to
find out which drive was causing the problem and install that in a Fat 32
system
where I can then try a fix there, but before going down that road I've
decided
to post here and hope someone may have fix or better option than this.
I really don't want to reformat...Arghh!!

TIA

--
Regards
p.mc

See:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x24

Did you try a Repair Install?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

> See:
> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x24
>
> Did you try a Repair Install?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging

Cheers Cari

Yes I tried a repair on my recovery disc, but it only gave me the option to
exit! And when I was reading up on
that, it warned of data loss and to back up all important files and so on,
so that put me off as I obviously cannot
back-up anything.
I've already read the info in the link provided thanks, thats where I seen
the option to install the problem drive
to a seperate fat32 PC system.

I was hoping someone may have had the same problem and had an incredibley
easy fix for it.
( And pigs may fly)...Teehee!!

It's a weird one, as I said I defragged both HDD's, SATA & ATA, and the
problem began when I re-booted to start an
error check on the SATA HDD

Regards
p.mc