Closed

Copy protection hard drive

Hello, I am trying to protect my music from being copied from external hard drives but I still need to play the music on these hard drives. simple would be great.
5 answers Last reply
More about copy protection hard drive
  1. you could put the files into a password protected or "hidden" folder, then put a shortcut to them all in a separate "visible" folder... OR, you could have the media player derive the information from a specific filepath (aka, yrou hidden/password protected folder).

I might be able to help more, if you tell me the purpose, but that is completely up to you :)
  2. lazyperson17 said:
    you could put the files into a password protected or "hidden" folder, then put a shortcut to them all in a separate "visible" folder... OR, you could have the media player derive the information from a specific filepath (aka, yrou hidden/password protected folder).

I might be able to help more, if you tell me the purpose, but that is completely up to you :)

I am looking for the same kind of help, i have music that i use to dj on an external hard drive and I have a friend who dj's for me and i dont want them stealing my music but the need to be able to play it i just dont want them to be able to save it, what can i do please email me cause i dont go to this site
  3. You must copy a file to memory to play it....think about it....

This is just like the old question "how can I stop people from stealing my web images", and the answer is "don't post them!"
  4. This will solve the "music copying" problem. http://www.newsoftwares.net/copy-protect/
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Music Hard Drives External Hard Drive Windows XP