Sign in with
Your question

Windows elay write failed

Last response: in Storage
May 1, 2009 1:52:29 PM

ive got a seagate 160Gb sata HDD, its partitioned into 19.5GB and 149Gb, wit the 19.5GB having my operating system(XP Home) on it, about 6 times each day ill get a delay write failed error for the 149GBb side, what can i do to resolve this? iv read that people have issues with this if they have ati GPU's but iv got Nvidia.
May 6, 2009 4:51:44 PM

Seems simple but have you tried different SATA cables for some reason they go bad almost as often as HDD's themselves and often in an intermittent way with no warning or obvious cause.Are you able to access the drive immediately after the warning
May 14, 2009 9:49:54 PM

texturednb said:
Seems simple but have you tried different SATA cables for some reason they go bad almost as often as HDD's themselves and often in an intermittent way with no warning or obvious cause.Are you able to access the drive immediately after the warning

i have tried atleast 4 different SATA cables, all gave the same problem. i forgot to mention that it would normally happen when i play a game or listen to music - or if im doing both, it seldom happened when i was doing anything else but it still did.
im not able to access the drive after this happens. its an intel 775 MotherBoard , also the problem still occurs no matter which SATA port i connect it in but it does seem to happen less frequently wen i swap ports but it eventually becomes more frequent.
the dvd writer (SATA) wasnt affected in any way though.
iv bought a new motherboard (Gigabyte) and processor and i havnt had the problem with the new hardware but i do have another pc running with the old motherboard and processor in it although it has an IDE 40gig HDD.

if anyone has any ideas please share them because i would like to still use SATA hardware with that motherboard.
!