bpogdowz

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
I'm dying to know. Also will we see a price drop in the 70*i series in unison with the launch of the radeon 4000s. It's just that I've managed to raise about $320 and want to know a good time to buy because I want the latest chip set available. It would really stink if I went ahead and bought the 790i and a month later they release 800i or something.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Nehalem is coming out 2009.

Completely different from LGA 775.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehalem_(microarchitecture)

It will probably be not worth buying when it first comes out though, so now is fine.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Well I suppose that remains to be seen, although I am not aware of any other chipsets coming out soon besides nehalem. Regardless, a 790i chipset will last you quite some time and you can go ahead and buy confidently.

stabgotham

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Dang....homeboy here is trying to help you and you are giving him an attitude. You're lucky he's taking the time to answer this question. Do a search of the forums and this would have been answered. Perhaps you should be more appreciative of the information he has provided you.

ZootyGray

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Thx for the topic Bpogdowz. I tuned in for info and all I see is lame sensitive egos.

Personally I am looking for info on new amd chips such as 700 series southbridge - thought this might have some mention. I will find. Thx for help.

Maybe a poster with less ego will come along. Thx for backup - like you need backup all day long bozo. omg. did it hurt? Yeh? really..... Make friends wherever you go. Then there's the "all I meant was" line - right? Like to tell people how to think too? Good luck with that.
Sorry to waste time here. Maybe a new thread if you dare :)
haha anybody know of any new victim mentalities?