Eliminating the pci switch

dizarky

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
So i got this uv light kit by logysis and all i really wanted to know is what is the best way to take the pci switch out of the picture? My best guess is just remove the cables from the switch and hook em together. but i just want to make sure. thank you.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

first of all, why? that pci switch is there so u can turn the thing off when u don't want it on...

If you truly feel that you do not want it, then make sure its in the on position then just stuff it near the little teal colored box, and just make sure that the two wires from the switch do not come in contact with each other, you can easily accomplish this with a little electrical tape.

dizarky

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
why? i have enough cables and stuff in those pci slots to not want to have some worthless switch messin up my tidy case. also, i'll never want it off. it's there to stay on till it fries, then be replaces by another 10 dollar cathode.

and to be clear, you're saying not to let the two cables on the back of the switch touch, and to just ghetto wrap the pci switch and dump it in my case somewhere?

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

Well if done well, it's really not that ghetto of a solution, son, its more like being extremely efficient, u kids now a days could learn a thing or two about efficiency...

Get off my lawn u damn kids!

:lol:

dizarky

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
heh. ok, well, ignoring that, could i just take the cables off the back of the switch, and combine them to make the lights stay on permanently? all the switch does is break the current of the wires, right? so it shouldn't matter