Sign in with
Your question

Windows Vista update problem

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 5, 2012 1:09:01 PM

Hello,

I need to update my windows vista home premium edition. As usual i clink on the update icon in the start menu. A window open up but then thats it, nothing happens. The window remains blank and becomes unresponsive. You cannot minimize it nor close. I have to go to the task manager and end the program.

Apart from the above method, I navigate to the "System and Maintenance" in the control panel and under "windows update" i clink on "update windows" or try to turn the auto update on. However when i clink on either of these, the window freezes up and nothing happens. I have end it via the task manager.

Any one help me figuring out what the problem is with my windows updater? Im running a service pack 2 .

Thanks
April 5, 2012 4:57:24 PM

ronan_bisth said:
Hello,

I need to update my windows vista home premium edition. As usual i clink on the update icon in the start menu. A window open up but then thats it, nothing happens. The window remains blank and becomes unresponsive. You cannot minimize it nor close. I have to go to the task manager and end the program.

Apart from the above method, I navigate to the "System and Maintenance" in the control panel and under "windows update" i clink on "update windows" or try to turn the auto update on. However when i clink on either of these, the window freezes up and nothing happens. I have end it via the task manager.

Any one help me figuring out what the problem is with my windows updater? Im running a service pack 2 .

Thanks

Run regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
m
l
April 6, 2012 7:20:03 AM

ksiemb said:
Run regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Hi there. Thanks for the suggestion. I ran the regsvr32 wuaueng.ddl but got the following error

"The module wuaueng.dll was loaded but the call to the DIIRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005"
m
l
Related resources
April 6, 2012 9:09:31 AM

ronan_bisth said:
Hi there. Thanks for the suggestion. I ran the regsvr32 wuaueng.ddl but got the following error

"The module wuaueng.dll was loaded but the call to the DIIRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005"

Your logon must have administrative privileges.
m
l
April 9, 2012 9:37:39 AM

How do i log in as an Admin. Im the only one that uses this comp. There are only 2 users set up on this comp.

m
l
April 9, 2012 12:16:18 PM

ronan_bisth said:
How do i log in as an Admin. Im the only one that uses this comp. There are only 2 users set up on this comp.

One of the two logons must have been setup with admin privileges.
Go to control panel /Users and see which is admin / limited user.

Here is Microsoft answer to your error message. YOu might have to enter safemode and logon with administrator logon.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827659
m
l
!