Q9450 - > P5K3 Deluxe. Is it stable?

Hodes101

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
Hi guys.

I brought myself a new P5K3 Deluxe and got hold of a Q9450. When I first built the system I got the common issue of not posting, but after alot of research here on the forums, I came across the Bios issue and how to resolve it. I got hold of a older Intel Core Duo chip, flashed the Bios all successfully.

THe problem is I have concerns about the stability of the system if I go back and install the Q9450. I read that the voltage for the chip isnt right and that it could cause issues.

To be honest I have not even tried the chip back in yet. Has anyone else got the board and chip to run scuessfully yet? Is it stable?

deanbeasley

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
not sure if my problem is related but I got a post ragarding my 9450 + striker II extreme rig not posting when i clock 1 FSB over stock FSB i.e. i increased it from 333 to 334 FSB and the damm thing dont post... I get just a black screen. I have the latest BIOS by the way. Cant u setup the BIOS as AUTO so u dont need to worry about voltages, Im not sure what the voltage for the q9450 is but im sure the intel site will tell you so.

TRENDING THREADS