DRIVE NOT ACESSIBLE, ACCESS DENIED

G

Hello,
i have a problem with my external hard disk, when i tried to open/acess it, DRIVE NOT ACCESSIBLE MESSASGE WILL FLAG. HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM

munyc

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
You must log in as administrator in order to do this task. First right click my Computer, and then select “Manage”. Click Library, select “External Drive” & click select Properties. Under Security tab, click Add and type everyone than check names, click Apply,OK. Repeat again the step & check all the Allow box and click Apply. Now you should able to access the drive. Cheers.

oscoperanger

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hello,
i have a problem with my external hard disk, when i tried to open/acess it, DRIVE NOT ACCESSIBLE MESSASGE WILL FLAG. HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROBLEM

I know this is an old thread but someone may benefit from the fix I found.
I had one system in a computer lab at school that would not accept usb drives.
What I did was... open msconfig.exe. Click on the services tab. Click the box...
Hide all Microsoft services. click on disable all. OK out and restart. check the drive access
after you restart. If it works, you can enable one or a few services at a time to figure out
which one is causing the problem.

Note: I was able to access my usb drive in safe mode but not in normal start up.