PCI-e 1x bus to 16x Socket Extension Card in North America

I'm looking for a PCI-e 1x bus to 16x Socket Extension Card in North America
I can find one for sale in Italy here

http://www.papyrus.co.il/Products/pci-e_1x_bus_to_16x_socket_extension_card.htm
but was hoping I could find one locally but with no luck so far.

If anyone knows of a place ..

it seems to be cheaper then buying a PCIe1x video card.

as for positing here... well I am going to plug a video card into it...
other then that I didn't know what thread to post it in
13 answers Last reply
More about socket extension card north america
  1. Anybody?
  2. How would you fit the bracket in, now that the card is 1 inch higher up?

    I guess using a low profile card and some cutting with hacksaw.

    Better off trying to make the pci-e 1x slot open-ended by dremmel of the end part
  3. Uh...I don't think that would effectively work - the chipset is designed for a certain number of lanes for PCI-e, so you can't just add another slot.
  4. Wouldn't that super bottleneck the card, or am I missing something here.
  5. it would work but like you said not effectively. the bandwidth would be severely reduced therefore making the card less useful.
  6. Or you could just buy a PCI-Express x16 motherboard and not of wasted your money doing this.

    You might aswell buy a PCI graphics card!
  7. MadHacker said:
    I'm looking for a PCI-e 1x bus to 16x Socket Extension Card in North America
    I can find one for sale in Italy here
    http://www.papyrus.co.il/images/DT116.jpg
    http://www.papyrus.co.il/Products/pci-e_1x_bus_to_16x_socket_extension_card.htm
    but was hoping I could find one locally but with no luck so far.

    If anyone knows of a place ..

    it seems to be cheaper then buying a PCIe1x video card.

    as for positing here... well I am going to plug a video card into it...
    other then that I didn't know what thread to post it in


    For quad displays... maybe.... for SLI/Crossfire on a board without dual 16x pcie... a joke.
    As for the height... some cards unsupported as its not a standard.
  8. http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/express-adapter-p-1648.html

    I use a x8 to x16 expander in one of my systems and it works well. I dont know how well a x1 will work for you but this company has what you want and they are in the US. These are the speeds:

    Bus Bandwidth
    PCI 132 MB/s
    AGP 8X 2,100 MB/s
    PCI Express 1x 250 [500]* MB/s
    PCI Express 2x 500 [1000]* MB/s
    PCI Express 4x 1000 [2000]* MB/s
    PCI Express 8x 2000 [4000]* MB/s
    PCI Express 16x 4000 [8000]* MB/s
    * Serial total

    As to how do you mount it. It raises the height exactly the length of 3 motherboard stand-offs. So screw those in first then mount your card.

  9. rozar said:
    http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/express-adapter-p-1648.html

    I use a x8 to x16 expander in one of my systems and it works well. I dont know how well a x1 will work for you but this company has what you want and they are in the US. These are the speeds:

    Bus Bandwidth
    PCI 132 MB/s
    AGP 8X 2,100 MB/s
    PCI Express 1x 250 [500]* MB/s
    PCI Express 2x 500 [1000]* MB/s
    PCI Express 4x 1000 [2000]* MB/s
    PCI Express 8x 2000 [4000]* MB/s
    PCI Express 16x 4000 [8000]* MB/s
    * Serial total

    As to how do you mount it. It raises the height exactly the length of 3 motherboard stand-offs. So screw those in first then mount your card.


    Thank you that is exactly what I am looking for...
  10. ^ Why do you need it any way? Could have gotten a PCIe x16 motherboard.
  11. Shadow703793 said:
    ^ Why do you need it any way? Could have gotten a PCIe x16 motherboard.



    you are absolutly right... :pt1cable:
    but wait where would I put my other 2 PCIe RaidControlers or another video card...
    did it not occure to you that perhaps I already had and it wasn't enough... :sarcastic:
  12. ^Good point.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Bus Socket Extension PCI Express Graphics Product