Right-click menu

Hello everyone!
The OS i'm working on is Windows XP Pro
It probably sounds silly but my question is
why there is no "Move to" nor "Copy to" when i right-click on some file.
If there is some way to make it appear please describe it to me.
Thank you in advance
--
still wayting...
4 answers Last reply

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 45 - left hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Todor" <Todor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone!
    > The OS i'm working on is Windows XP Pro
    > It probably sounds silly but my question is
    > why there is no "Move to" nor "Copy to" when i right-click on some file.
    > If there is some way to make it appear please describe it to me.
    > Thank you in advance
    > --
    > still wayting...

    "Move To" and "Copy To" options will not be present in a clean install. You
    may add the items to the context-menu:
    http://www.google.co.in/search?q=add+%22Move+to%22

    *Side-effects of adding MoveTo & CopyTo to context-menu

    What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context menu:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Todor" <Todor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone!
    > The OS i'm working on is Windows XP Pro
    > It probably sounds silly but my question is
    > why there is no "Move to" nor "Copy to" when i right-click on some file.
    > If there is some way to make it appear please describe it to me.
    > Thank you in advance
    > --
    > still wayting...

    It would be nice to have "Copy To" and "Move To" available for items on the
    Desktop without having to open an explorer window and navigating to the
    Desktop.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    > "Move To" and "Copy To" options will not be present in a clean install.
    > You
    > may add the items to the context-menu:
    > http://www.google.co.in/search?q=add+%22Move+to%22
    >
    > *Side-effects of adding MoveTo & CopyTo to context-menu
    >
    > What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context menu:
    > http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Todor" <Todor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello everyone!
    >> The OS i'm working on is Windows XP Pro
    >> It probably sounds silly but my question is
    >> why there is no "Move to" nor "Copy to" when i right-click on some file.
    >> If there is some way to make it appear please describe it to me.
    >> Thank you in advance
    >> --
    >> still wayting...

    Yes. That would be a nice feature to have (without installing third-party
    shell extensions). Should fill-up the Wish-list for Vista.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > It would be nice to have "Copy To" and "Move To" available for items on
    > the Desktop without having to open an explorer window and navigating to
    > the Desktop.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> "Move To" and "Copy To" options will not be present in a clean install.
    >> You
    >> may add the items to the context-menu:
    >> http://www.google.co.in/search?q=add+%22Move+to%22
    >>
    >> *Side-effects of adding MoveTo & CopyTo to context-menu
    >>
    >> What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context menu:
    >> http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Todor" <Todor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello everyone!
    >>> The OS i'm working on is Windows XP Pro
    >>> It probably sounds silly but my question is
    >>> why there is no "Move to" nor "Copy to" when i right-click on some file.
    >>> If there is some way to make it appear please describe it to me.
    >>> Thank you in advance
    >>> --
    >>> still wayting...

Microsoft Windows XP