Disk boot failure insert system and press enter

Hello, I am receiving the Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and Press Enter error screen. It doesn't do it everytime. Just when it has set for a good hour or so off. I have a brand new Seagate SATA drive in it. I have tried the jumper suggestion in the manual but it didn't work. I have formatted and reinstalled XP and that didn't work. I have ran an exetensive long test on the drive and it had no errors. I really don't believe anything is wrong with the drive, cause why won't it fail everytime. I mean, everytime I reboot it boots up fine with no errors. I also think I remember it doing it before I got a new harddrive cause the old one started knocking and wouldn't boot, but I didn't think anything about it cause it had obviously failed. I really believe the motherboard has went bad. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks alot.
3 answers Last reply
More about disk boot failure insert system press enter
  1. In BIOS, set the drive with the OS as the primary hard drive. Setting the drive as the first boot device will help speed up things also.
  2. Thanks, I wish I hadn't already did that. Sorry I didn't mention that in my question. I thought that would solve it too.
  3. I ended up getting a new motherboard. The old one had something wrong with the SATA section of the board. I guess I could have gotten a SATA card but something else would have prolly went wrong with the board.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Boot Failure Windows XP