surfinman945

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
So I'm finally building my computer, and I'm looking at cases.
There's so much to choose from!
Luckily, I know a few technology coordinators at some schools around here that know alot and pointed me in the right direction.

I came up with a faceoff between the Coolermaster Cosmos (the silver one, not the new one) and the Apevia X-Jupiter G type.
I really like all the organization the Cosmos has to offer, and the air duct. But, The Apevia is rated higher by tigerdirect, and has more fans.
Though, the Cosmos was used by Maximum PC to create the dream pc of 2007 (noted:it is now 2008, i know. so there are obviously going to be better cases).
I know many people say to buy the antec 900 because everybody and their uncle has like 5 of em and blah blah blah theyre amazing. I don't really want an antec 900, so please dont flame off about it.

thanks for your time, your opinion would really help.

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Right, hi

i would go with the coolermasster anyday. tigerdirect scoring arnt to be trusted. if you look on ther youTube Vid, they never (ever, ever) give a bad review. (never!!!)

I have built a machine around a coolermaster wavemaster and it was a pleasure to work with, and a machine around the coolermaster centurion, and alrthough not as room nor as easy (no removable MB tray) still well made and easy to put together.

i thgink ther are few case componies which have more fans than Coolermaster.

No im not areally a A900 fan, although i would get one if it was going cheap, i get why you might not like them, sort of like the iPod not as good as the Social implications.

if you can, i would reccomend a full size case like the coolermaster Stacker 831 (HUGE) and the wavemaster as they built quality is great.

i can see the atraction of the cosmos, but i think its a little ugly. i prefer all Alu cases and have no plastic in the construction. (hence i like the wavemaster.) the CM centurion looks like a similar case to both of your choices. This is the one i would get if i were you.

gow87

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
IF I had to choose from those, the cooler master wins evrytime. the jupiter looks like a cheap piece of platic crap. I would recommend having a look at the stacker, i recently got the 831 for £80, else try the antec p180. the 900 isnt bad, but not so roomy. the 1200 is coming out soon but it will be large and no doubt expensive.

Generally get a decent case, it makes an amazing difference, that little bit extra is always worth it

surfinman945

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008

just a question, did you look at the apevia at all? its really good for its price.
the old cosmos has gone rather up in price too.