hourb12

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
Hi guys, I have a wireless adapter on my system and wanted to access the net in safe mode. I can't get a connection, much less find the wizard. Do I need to be hard wired or is there a way to find the router? I really need to use the wireless if possible. Any input appreciated. Thanks

Solution
Is your wireless hardware seen in Safe Mode? Device Manager shows it with no issues? You probably need to use Windows to manager your wireless settings in order to use this in Safe Mode, if you are using a 3rd party software such as one from Cisco or Netgear, it's probalby not loading up when in Safe Mode.
Is your wireless hardware seen in Safe Mode? Device Manager shows it with no issues? You probably need to use Windows to manager your wireless settings in order to use this in Safe Mode, if you are using a 3rd party software such as one from Cisco or Netgear, it's probalby not loading up when in Safe Mode.

Solution

hourb12

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010

No, I can't see it in Safe Mode and I am running 3rd party software. I will try the Windows wireless manager and see what happens. Thanks