Mishra100

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
I have been researching a new build for a while but am still waiting on the 8400.

I noticed about a month ago that some of the video cards have lifetime warranties.

What products these days come with lifetime warranties? I'm looking for every product in a gaming desktop, case, fan, video card. What brands seem to offer the lifetime warranties?

I expect to keep my computer for a really long time and life time warranties are a major plus for me. Just to enforce the fact that I keep computers, here is my current build.

KG7 MB
2100+ athlon XP
9600 Radeon w/ 256 mb of ram
1 gig of 2700 RAM

I still was able to play the Crysis demo! Sorta.

merc14

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Not many. Outside of vid cards the only lifetime warranty i know of is Corsair RAM. PC Power & Cooling PSU's have 5 & 7 year warranties. HDD warranties differ widely but you can get some with 5 year warranties (Raptors I think), however most are 1 or 3 year limited. Some ODD's have 3 year warranties.

mford66215

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Just be sure to find out what their definition of 'lifetime' is. Doesn't that vary by geographical region - or is 'lifetime' a precise legal definition that means the same the all over?

Lifetime of a mayfly wouldn't be helpful at all......

*edit* spelling!