Sign in with
Your question

Putting Dlink DIR-655 Downstream off a Wireless Bridge.

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 15, 2009 3:23:22 AM

Hi there guys. I need a little bit of networking help. I've worked all day on this and it isn't getting any closer.

Hardware:

Dlink DIR-655 Router
Dlink DIR-825 Router
Linksys WET610N Ethernet Bridge
2 Xbox 360's
1 PS3
A few Laptops
2 Servers

Okay now that that is out of the way here is my problem. I am needing to make the network into two segments. The first is going to be down stairs right off my cable line. It needs to have my two servers, a xbox 360, and the PS3 on it. I'd like to use the DIR-825 on this. Upstairs I plan on using the WET610N to bridge the connection from the DIR-825 from downstairs to the DIR-655 upstairs. And off of that I'll need another xbox360, and 1 wired laptop. [See picture]

Now for what I've done. I have set up. Everything plugged into the DIR-825 works. The WET610N works when it wired into a laptop. I have given the WET610n a reserved IP address, as well as pretty much everything else. The DIR-655 has one too. I have set up the DIR-625 to have a static IP address, I have turned off the DHCP server, Disabled DNS relay, turned off all things firewall, Turned off QOS, and earlier I was getting internet on laptops connected to this.

Now for the problems. I am unable to get internet on anything connected to the DIR-655 now. They can access local items though off of the DIR-825 though. And they get no internet. They are also on a different subnet. I have manually set my DIR-825 to use 10.10.10.x, whenever I try to make the DIR-655 use 10.10.10.x it says Wan subnet conflicts with Lan subnet. So this is where I am at this point. Any help would awesome.

Thanks in advanced. And if there are any questions let me know.
May 15, 2009 3:25:22 AM

Forgot to add the picture.
May 16, 2009 4:13:26 AM

Bump. guessing there isn't too much traffic up in here. Sadness.
July 28, 2009 1:11:21 AM

funny you ask this because i'm having the exact same issue. I cannot get the 655 to piggy back off a different kind of wireless bridge...
!