  • Recovery Console
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows XP
August 4, 2005 10:45:50 AM

Is there any way to install recovery console to the hard drive after SP2 is
installed?

More about : installing recovery console

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 5:02:45 PM

Hi

Yes, the RC can be installed, but you will need to use a slipstreamed SP2 CD
or an XP CD with SP2 included:

You can download the SP2 file (266 MBs) from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window... - or
if you have a copy of the SP2 CD, you can copy the xpsp2.exe file from
that CD onto your hard disk/partition and use that:

then follow the directions in the following article to create a slipstreamed
XP CD:

http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticl...

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Mike Powers" <mikepowers5@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is there any way to install recovery console to the hard drive after SP2
> is installed?

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 9:42:24 PM

You need to slipstream SP2 to your original Windows XP CD.
Details for slipstreaming are available on my website
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look
at question 83. Details of obtaining the full version of SP2 can be found at
Question 80

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert