Installing recovery console

Is there any way to install recovery console to the hard drive after SP2 is
installed?
2 answers Last reply
More about installing recovery console

    Hi

    Yes, the RC can be installed, but you will need to use a slipstreamed SP2 CD
    or an XP CD with SP2 included:

    You can download the SP2 file (266 MBs) from here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx - or
    if you have a copy of the SP2 CD, you can copy the xpsp2.exe file from
    that CD onto your hard disk/partition and use that:

    then follow the directions in the following article to create a slipstreamed
    XP CD:

    http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Mike Powers" <mikepowers5@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to install recovery console to the hard drive after SP2
    > is installed?

    You need to slipstream SP2 to your original Windows XP CD.
    Details for slipstreaming are available on my website
    http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look
    at question 83. Details of obtaining the full version of SP2 can be found at
    Question 80

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org

    "Mike Powers" <mikepowers5@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to install recovery console to the hard drive after SP2
    > is installed?

Microsoft Recovery Console Hard Drives Windows XP