Installing recovery console

Is there any way to install recovery console to the hard drive after SP2 is
installed?

Hi

Yes, the RC can be installed, but you will need to use a slipstreamed SP2 CD
or an XP CD with SP2 included:

You can download the SP2 file (266 MBs) from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx - or
if you have a copy of the SP2 CD, you can copy the xpsp2.exe file from
that CD onto your hard disk/partition and use that:

then follow the directions in the following article to create a slipstreamed
XP CD:

http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=49

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Mike Powers" <mikepowers5@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is there any way to install recovery console to the hard drive after SP2
> is installed?

You need to slipstream SP2 to your original Windows XP CD.
Details for slipstreaming are available on my website
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look
at question 83. Details of obtaining the full version of SP2 can be found at
Question 80

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert