Striker Extreme Memory Overclock

brentnicko

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I have a striker extreme motherboard with a qx6650. I can overclock my cpu up to 3.85g with no problem. I put the fsb and memory clock in th unlinked mode to do this. I want to try to overclock my memory and it crashes everytime. I even set everything back to defaults and still cannot overclock my memmory past the stock 800mhz. I have the sli ready memory option set to disable because i dont understand how it works.

I even tried just to overclock the memory at 805mhz and it just tries to post, can't, then resets to the default 800mhz. Any ideas???

I have the crucial balistix ddr2 6400, btw and mem voltage set at 2.2. And i have tried to raise and lower this to no avail.

Thanks for ANY suggestions.

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Not all ram chips are the same - you can push some.. and some won't budge. Are you trying to make a 1:1 ratio? Your FSB is at 400Mhz?

bornking

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
I used to have the same mobo and it did not like the crucial balistix ram at all. I suggest trying a ram that has been tested to work with that mobo.

Check out online forums like toms to see which ram modules will oc with that motherboard. It is the most finicky (spellling?) motherboard I ever worked with and I got rid of it asap for that very reason.