Unknown Device Successfully Installed!

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I put together a new system about two weeks ago and the system detected all the new hardware without any problems. After about two weeks I fire up the system and while I'm eating my Lucky Charms at 8:00 am in front of the computer it reports, "Unknown Device Successfully Installed". I didn't add anything lately. Opening up Device Manager, I see the mystery device in the Universal Serial Bus controllers. I think fairies added a new piece of hardware while I was sleeping last night. What could this be?

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
E6850, Striker Extreme, Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX, WD SE16 320GB, EVGA 8800GT, Vista Premium, Samsung 931BW, Logitech G15, OCZ X-750 mouse, Zalman FC-ZV9, Pioneer DVR-212D.

I'm just puzzled (and annoyed) why the system would discover a new piece of hardware after two weeks of not cracking open the chassis.

stoner133

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2008
Did you happen to just plug in a USB device that you have used before but plugged into a different USB port this time? If so it would show that message again.

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
That's a good assumption, but in this case no. A couple hours ago I tried to install Supreme Commander, Windows crashed, got an error message on bootup, and then told me I had to repair Windows using the install disc. I did that, now I have two unknown devices that Windows can't find drivers for. Argh!

i have that too :p
Mine is the fact that my USB cable on my card reader is f*cked(it's internal, so i have lots of cables from old cases) and thereby its identified as that......some day i will fix it....sometimes it works...other times it does not...

unknownusbth2.gif

G

Dude check this thread,i have striker extreme and had same prob, pretty easy to solve if needed, see this thread as is original source, wont steal the glory! respect to nn step!

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158489