Mouse Pads?

Hi,

I bought an Allsop mouse pad for my opti-mouse a few months ago. As new,
it was great - I could glide my mouse along it smoothly, and could shoot
very accurately with it. However, now, it's very worn out, and my mouse
doesn't glide smoothly along it.

I'm a bit p***ed off with this 'coz I paid quite a lot of money for it. I
would've expected it to last for a long time.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a mouse pad that both offers accurate, smooth
gliding and doesn't get worn out so easily?

I was doing some research and considered buying a Banshee, but when I went
to the purchase area of the site, I saw that they sell low friction dots,
and they say, "The Banshee Pad(TM) ships with 8 dots. They will wear out
and need to be replaced."

*sigh*
18 answers Last reply
More about mouse pads
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    I don't think I've ever paid more than 49 cents for a mousepad. I buy
    them in bulk.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Cool Guy" <coolguy@abc.xyz> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I bought an Allsop mouse pad for my opti-mouse a few months ago. As new,
    > it was great - I could glide my mouse along it smoothly, and could shoot
    > very accurately with it. However, now, it's very worn out, and my mouse
    > doesn't glide smoothly along it.
    >
    > I'm a bit p***ed off with this 'coz I paid quite a lot of money for it. I
    > would've expected it to last for a long time.
    >
    > Anyway, can anyone recommend a mouse pad that both offers accurate, smooth
    > gliding and doesn't get worn out so easily?
    >
    > I was doing some research and considered buying a Banshee, but when I went
    > to the purchase area of the site, I saw that they sell low friction dots,
    > and they say, "The Banshee Pad(TM) ships with 8 dots. They will wear out
    > and need to be replaced."
    >
    > *sigh*

    I have a 3M Precise Mousing Surface. Got it free for some reason. Been
    using it for about 5 years now and it's still in great shape. Just in case
    you think it gets light traffic, I work at home on this computer using this
    mouse pad, and I have played 5 years of various versions of tribes on it.
    It has seen many hours. Nice thing about it also is it is as thin as card
    stock, is rubber backed and sticks to the desk, and is simple to wash and
    dry.

    Quixote
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 17:15:21 +0000, Cool Guy wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I bought an Allsop mouse pad for my opti-mouse a few months ago. As new,
    > it was great - I could glide my mouse along it smoothly, and could shoot
    > very accurately with it. However, now, it's very worn out, and my mouse
    > doesn't glide smoothly along it.
    >
    > I'm a bit p***ed off with this 'coz I paid quite a lot of money for it. I
    > would've expected it to last for a long time.
    >
    > Anyway, can anyone recommend a mouse pad that both offers accurate, smooth
    > gliding and doesn't get worn out so easily?
    >
    > I was doing some research and considered buying a Banshee, but when I went
    > to the purchase area of the site, I saw that they sell low friction dots,
    > and they say, "The Banshee Pad(TM) ships with 8 dots. They will wear out
    > and need to be replaced."
    >
    > *sigh*

    Personally, I can't fault my years-old Guinness mousemat. :)

    --
    "A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

    "Cool Guy" <coolguy@abc.xyz> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I bought an Allsop mouse pad for my opti-mouse a few months ago. As new,
    > it was great - I could glide my mouse along it smoothly, and could shoot
    > very accurately with it. However, now, it's very worn out, and my mouse
    > doesn't glide smoothly along it.
    >
    > I'm a bit p***ed off with this 'coz I paid quite a lot of money for it. I
    > would've expected it to last for a long time.
    >
    > Anyway, can anyone recommend a mouse pad that both offers accurate, smooth
    > gliding and doesn't get worn out so easily?
    >
    > I was doing some research and considered buying a Banshee, but when I went
    > to the purchase area of the site, I saw that they sell low friction dots,
    > and they say, "The Banshee Pad(TM) ships with 8 dots. They will wear out
    > and need to be replaced."
    >
    > *sigh*

    how about mouse lubricant?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Quixote wrote:
    > "Cool Guy" <coolguy@abc.xyz> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I bought an Allsop mouse pad for my opti-mouse a few months ago. As
    >> new, it was great - I could glide my mouse along it smoothly, and
    >> could shoot very accurately with it. However, now, it's very worn
    >> out, and my mouse doesn't glide smoothly along it.
    >>
    >> I'm a bit p***ed off with this 'coz I paid quite a lot of money for
    >> it. I would've expected it to last for a long time.
    >>
    >> Anyway, can anyone recommend a mouse pad that both offers accurate,
    >> smooth gliding and doesn't get worn out so easily?
    >>
    >> I was doing some research and considered buying a Banshee, but when
    >> I went to the purchase area of the site, I saw that they sell low
    >> friction dots, and they say, "The Banshee Pad(TM) ships with 8 dots.
    >> They will wear out and need to be replaced."
    >>
    >> *sigh*
    >
    > I have a 3M Precise Mousing Surface. Got it free for some reason.
    > Been using it for about 5 years now and it's still in great shape.
    > Just in case you think it gets light traffic, I work at home on this
    > computer using this mouse pad, and I have played 5 years of various
    > versions of tribes on it. It has seen many hours. Nice thing about
    > it also is it is as thin as card stock, is rubber backed and sticks
    > to the desk, and is simple to wash and dry.
    >
    > Quixote

    Shoot, all I did was open Paint, choose the airbrush tool, splatter
    purple and blue all over the place, and print it out on an 8.5 x 11 piece
    of copy paper. Saved it as "MyMousepad" and print a new one as needed.
    Works like a champ after sticking the four corners to my desk with
    cello tape. No kidding, I bet the current one has been here 6 months.
    My optical mouse slides like it's on silk, and it's only copy paper. :)

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of ">^,,^<
    Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> coming from a tree, and thought, "Man,
    this is f*ed up," but carried on the following conversation anyway:

    > Quixote wrote:
    >> "Cool Guy" <coolguy@abc.xyz> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I bought an Allsop mouse pad for my opti-mouse a few months ago. As
    >>> new, it was great - I could glide my mouse along it smoothly, and
    >>> could shoot very accurately with it. However, now, it's very worn
    >>> out, and my mouse doesn't glide smoothly along it.
    >>>
    >>> I'm a bit p***ed off with this 'coz I paid quite a lot of money for
    >>> it. I would've expected it to last for a long time.
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, can anyone recommend a mouse pad that both offers accurate,
    >>> smooth gliding and doesn't get worn out so easily?
    >>>
    >>> I was doing some research and considered buying a Banshee, but when
    >>> I went to the purchase area of the site, I saw that they sell low
    >>> friction dots, and they say, "The Banshee Pad(TM) ships with 8 dots.
    >>> They will wear out and need to be replaced."
    >>>
    >>> *sigh*
    >>
    >> I have a 3M Precise Mousing Surface. Got it free for some reason.
    >> Been using it for about 5 years now and it's still in great shape.
    >> Just in case you think it gets light traffic, I work at home on this
    >> computer using this mouse pad, and I have played 5 years of various
    >> versions of tribes on it. It has seen many hours. Nice thing about
    >> it also is it is as thin as card stock, is rubber backed and sticks
    >> to the desk, and is simple to wash and dry.
    >>
    >> Quixote
    >

    > Shoot, all I did was open Paint, choose the airbrush tool, splatter
    > purple and blue all over the place, and print it out on an 8.5 x 11
    > piece of copy paper. Saved it as "MyMousepad" and print a new one as
    > needed.
    > Works like a champ after sticking the four corners to my desk with
    > cello tape. No kidding, I bet the current one has been here 6 months.
    > My optical mouse slides like it's on silk, and it's only copy
    > paper. :)
    >
    > --
    >>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel

    my construction paper is far superior.

    --
    Adept
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in

    > My optical mouse slides like it's on silk, and it's only copy
    > paper. :)

    My be interesting to try parchment paper, since it's impregnated with
    silicone, and should be even slipperier. But I doubt you can print on it.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    DEbig3 wrote:
    > One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of
    > ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> coming from a tree, and
    > thought, "Man, this is f*ed up," but carried on the following
    > conversation anyway:
    >
    >> Quixote wrote:
    >>> "Cool Guy" <coolguy@abc.xyz> wrote in message

    >>> I have a 3M Precise Mousing Surface. Got it free for some reason.
    >>> Been using it for about 5 years now and it's still in great shape.
    >>> Just in case you think it gets light traffic, I work at home on this
    >>> computer using this mouse pad, and I have played 5 years of various
    >>> versions of tribes on it. It has seen many hours. Nice thing about
    >>> it also is it is as thin as card stock, is rubber backed and sticks
    >>> to the desk, and is simple to wash and dry.
    >>>
    >>> Quixote
    >>

    >> Shoot, all I did was open Paint, choose the airbrush tool,
    >> splatter purple and blue all over the place, and print it out on an
    >> 8.5 x 11 piece of copy paper. Saved it as "MyMousepad" and print a
    >> new one as needed.
    >> Works like a champ after sticking the four corners to my desk
    >> with cello tape. No kidding, I bet the current one has been here 6
    >> months. My optical mouse slides like it's on silk, and it's only
    >> copy paper. :)
    >>
    >> --
    >>> ^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel
    >>

    > my construction paper is far superior.

    Hey, I'm gonna try that! But say, I wonder if cardstock..........

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
    >
    >> My optical mouse slides like it's on silk, and it's only copy
    >> paper. :)
    >
    > My be interesting to try parchment paper, since it's impregnated with
    > silicone, and should be even slipperier. But I doubt you can print on
    > it.

    I've got a boatload of parchment, but the ink smears too badly.
    You can print on it, but the ink takes forever to dry, and isn't permanent
    at all. Pencil works great, but it smears too.

    Anyone need a sheet or four of 18" x 26" parchment? I don't bake
    *that* much anymore, and it was a box of 1,000 sheets............

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
    mouse slides like it's on silk, and it's only
    >>> copy paper. :)
    >>>
    >>>--

    >>my construction paper is far superior.
    >

    > Hey, I'm gonna try that! But say, I wonder if cardstock..........

    Make sure the paper is thick enough or else you can't use it in Ohio.......
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2v0t6iF2et8iiU1@uni-
    berlin.de:

    > Anyone need a sheet or four of 18" x 26" parchment? I don't bake
    > *that* much anymore, and it was a box of 1,000 sheets............

    I've been buying it in rolls at the grocery store, right by the foil and
    wax paper section. I use it all the time to avoid having to wash my sheet
    pans. I use it in the toaster oven, too.

    Last night I made some Otis Spunkmeyer cookies with it, and I often have
    Gorton fish fillets and bake those on it.

    The only time I use Pam now is for frying.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > ScratchMonkey wrote:
    >> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
    >>
    >>> My optical mouse slides like it's on silk, and it's only copy
    >>> paper. :)
    >>
    >> My be interesting to try parchment paper, since it's impregnated with
    >> silicone, and should be even slipperier. But I doubt you can print on
    >> it.
    >

    > I've got a boatload of parchment, but the ink smears too badly.
    > You can print on it, but the ink takes forever to dry, and isn't permanent
    > at all. Pencil works great, but it smears too.
    >
    > Anyone need a sheet or four of 18" x 26" parchment? I don't bake
    > *that* much anymore, and it was a box of 1,000 sheets............
    >
    > --
    >>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel

    Is that greaseproof paper, or something different? I would understand
    parchment to be, like, really old paper that is probably heaviley textured.
    I am guessing you wouldn't use *that* for baking?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Schrodinger" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote in message
    > ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > > ScratchMonkey wrote:
    > >> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in

    > >> My be interesting to try parchment paper, since it's impregnated with
    > >> silicone, and should be even slipperier. But I doubt you can print on
    > >> it.
    > >

    > > I've got a boatload of parchment, but the ink smears too badly.
    > > You can print on it, but the ink takes forever to dry, and isn't
    permanent
    > > at all. Pencil works great, but it smears too.
    > >
    > > Anyone need a sheet or four of 18" x 26" parchment? I don't bake
    > > *that* much anymore, and it was a box of 1,000 sheets............
    > >
    > > --
    > >>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel
    > >

    > Is that greaseproof paper, or something different? I would understand
    > parchment to be, like, really old paper that is probably heaviley
    textured.
    > I am guessing you wouldn't use *that* for baking?

    http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=104572

    Quixote
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Cool Guy <coolguy@abc.xyz> wrote:

    > I was doing some research and considered buying a Banshee, but when I went
    > to the purchase area of the site, I saw that they sell low friction dots,
    > and they say, "The Banshee Pad(TM) ships with 8 dots. They will wear out
    > and need to be replaced."

    Thanks for the replies. I've decided after all to go for the banshee pad
    -- the dots are actually for the mouse, not the pad, and they're cheap to
    replace.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > Cool Guy <coolguy@abc.xyz> wrote:
    >
    >> I was doing some research and considered buying a Banshee, but when I
    >> went
    >> to the purchase area of the site, I saw that they sell low friction dots,
    >> and they say, "The Banshee Pad(TM) ships with 8 dots. They will wear out
    >> and need to be replaced."
    >
    > Thanks for the replies. I've decided after all to go for the banshee pad
    > -- the dots are actually for the mouse, not the pad, and they're cheap to
    > replace.

    A real man makes his own pad and treks to Nepal, hunts day and night for a
    mink, kills it and takes its silky, silky soft furry skin
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Quixote" <quixote@-munged-writeme.com> wrote in news:10oqbq8pja20i65
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=104572

    Yep. Unless you're cooking at high temperature, you can stop using aluminum
    foil and switch to this. I bake fish at 425F on this stuff. It browns at
    the edges but doesn't burn.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    >^,,^< Miracle wrote:

    > Anyone need a sheet or four of 18" x 26" parchment? I don't bake
    > *that* much anymore, and it was a box of 1,000 sheets............

    I should see what happens when I stick it in one of the color lasers at
    work. :)

    --
    Troy
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Adrian Ng wrote:

    > A real man makes his own pad and treks to Nepal, hunts day and night for a
    > mink, kills it and takes its silky, silky soft furry skin

    Mouse pad? My desk is my mouse pad.

    --
    Troy

Mice Games Video Games