3870x2 HDMI sound + SupremeFX II = no sound!

demon1br

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
OK people, here is the deal.

I got a Asus Maximus Extreme + 3870x2 + SupremeFX II Sound Card.

Can't get any sound out of it. I've tried uninstalling hdmi drivers, didn't work. tried disabling them, didn't work. Tried uninstalling my 3870x2 drivers, couldn't install any sound drivers.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6702/errorhs3.jpg

I need HELP! :mad:

Don't know what else to try. Getting pissed off about it. Two days trying no success.... PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!

demon1br

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008

No, i didn't. I don't know how. =P

I currently don't have SupremeFx II drivers installed. I can't install them.

What happens when you try to install the SupremeFx drivers? Does it say there is no compatible hardware?

To change the default sound (like to integrated so you at least get something) go to Control Panel and to sound and audio devices.

Oh, I just looked at the picture and I see it says there are no compatible hardwares. I also see that it is Vista, so my default sound fix probably won't work either. Are you sure the drivers are Vista drivers?

edit: by the way, is that Portuguese? (I'm guessing since you are from Brazil and it looks like it)

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
That board has no onboard sound, that's why it comes with a card. If you have it plugged in the second pciex1 slot (white) pull it out and put it into the first pciex1 (black).

demon1br

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008

I can't install any drivers. The picture above says: your audio files are not compatible with your hardware.

This is all i can get at control panel >> sound. http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2388/error2yt4.jpg

Im sure im using vista32bit drivers.

Yeah, thats portuguese.

There is no black pci-e. I cant see them if they are there. =/

http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-131-235-05.jpg

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

demon1br

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
RAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!

FOUND IT!!!

THX GUYS!!! I'll switch the sound card to the black pci-e and post the results here.

=*

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
ust curious.... how good is that sound card compared to "x-fi fatal1ty professional series"

Well, since Vista and dx10 have changed the way audio is handled, the X-Fi doesn't work as well as it does in XP. Games must use openAL for sound instead of the direct sound used in direct X in previous versions. So I had to install another Creative app, Alchemy, to provide EAX capability.

If you don't consider EAX a must have, I would not change the SupremeFX for the X-FI. The sound quality improvement is minor.

Another reason I changed was because I have a Creative 7.1 speaker set that only has 3 connectors for sound. The SupremeFX wanted 4 for 7.1. I could only manage 5.1 on my speaker until I got the X-FI

imrul

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2007
damn.... i feel stupid... i had bought x-fi, then later found out that the motherboard i bought the day after came with supremeFX.

G

I don't know what's with the driver for SupremeFX II sound card. What I did was buy a Creative Sound Card and Install the driver first then the computer can be able to detect the sound card otherwise it won't detect any sound card at all if you are not to install the driver first. Works for me