Triple Monitors

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to run three monitors using an 8800GTS 640MB and the onboard video on my M2N-SLI Deluxe. Or would I need to purchase another card.

If I would need to purchase another card, what would you recommend. I will only be doing word processing, email, web, etc, on this third monitor. I would also like to keep the price of the card under $80 or so.

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about triple monitors
  1. You would most likely need to purchase a new card or maybe check out the Matrox TripleHead2Go depending on the type of setup that you want. Here's a card that will get the job done for a third monitor for $35.

MSI NX8400GS-TD256E GeForce 8400GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127296
  2. the onboard graphics controller is disabled if the graphics card is in slot.
  3. Thanks for the speedy replies! I was pretty sure I couldn't use the onboard, but I couldn't find any forum or web page telling me I couldn't.

Thanks for the card recommendation, I wasn't sure how low I could go, but if the 8400GS will work, that's excellent.
  4. This isn't an AGP mobo you know..
    You can probably switch onboard graphics in BIOS from "AUTO" to "Enabled" and you'll have three outputs.
  5. There's no integrated video on that mobo! That's a com port fool! :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video Monitors Graphics Product