Why Would you rather a GTS(G92) instead a 8800GTX

tato999

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
If a 8800GTX its much better and have more MB and drops better FPS, Why would you prefer a 8800gts.

Personally I dont care if the chip of the GTS is newer, the GTX is a better video card.

Come on people tell what you think.

And if the difference betwen the 8800GTX and the 9800GTX is not much dont upgrade until a game required(crysis).But i dont think the 9800gtx can max out 8AA and 16AF in 28" or 30"monitors.

Also If you have a intel Motherboard (P35 or X38) that its better than nvidia.

I prefer overclock a single card and the cpu than having SLI.

leo2kp

Distinguished
The GTS 512 is actually faster in most circumstances except for higher rez gaming because of the amount of RAM. So for the price, the performance is way better than the GTX IMO.

mihirkula

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
The GTX is not exceptionally faster than the GTS..or for that matter even the GT. Granted, the GTX was hot property when it came out and its performance was great compared to the prev gen, but its an old girl now.

randomizer

Champion
8800GTS - marginally faster at moderate resolutions (meaning the ones 90% of people use).

8800GTX - sometimes up to 300% faster than the GTS at high res and high AA levels (meaning 9FPS instead of 3FPS).

From Hothardware:
It is little difficult to summarize the new GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB card’s performance. In games or benchmarks where fillrate and shader performance are the limiting factors, these new cards are excellent performers and can outpace even a GeForce 8800 GTX. But in situations where memory bandwidth and frame buffer size are more important, like say at high resolutions with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering enabled, the GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB can’t quite keep up with the more expensive GTX due to its narrower memory bus and smaller frame buffer. Generally speaking though, the GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB’s performance is better than the original 640MB GTS and the relatively new 8800 GT and on-par with the GeForce 8800 GTX at lower resolutions. Crank up the resolutions, however, and the GTX (or Ultra) is still the king of the hill.