Case mod: Need header cables

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Hey guys,

I'm halfway through a custom case mod where I'll be using a miniITX board. However, the board comes with 0 header cables and I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to purchase just the header cables I need. I know that I could cannibalize an old case but that just seems wasteful... plus I'd have to purchase an old case just to take out a few wires and then toss it.

Can anyone suggest and online (or physical) retailer who might be able to supply the header cables I'll need?

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
I'd like a power (maybe reset) and a HDD LED. Thats about it but for the life of me, I can't find the HDD LED. I've found power buttons, its the other headers that I can't seem to locate. At least not several in one location.

Shez

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks rockbyter. That kit would work perfectly... if the cables were longer. I'm not even sure I could desolder/resolder longer wires on, with the leads being as short as they are.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
That's the answer. There are so many junk computers out there it should be extremely easy to find a junk case. You should be able to get it for free or maybe $5-$10.

TRENDING THREADS