Overclock Addict

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Hello, im concerned about my power supply cooler master 1000w temperature... in the specification it said the operation temp is 0-50C (nominal imput???).

Im running a quad core Q9550 oc at 3.5mhz, ram 1066 oc at 1100 mhz, video ati 4870 X2 ( no oc), at full load the cooler master 1000W temps go to 60-61C, is that normal? the cpu temp at iddle is 40-45C at load 70-80C, is this normal too? Ill apreciate any help.

Thanks

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You might consider moving this thread to Power Supplies and Case Mods.

I would say that your PSU temps (where are you monitoring your power supply temps from, anyway?) are probably OK, but I'm no expert.

As for your CPU...those are fairly high load temps, I wouldn't want to see anything higher than 60C, maybe. What do your have your FSB, volts/vcore, RAM/volts/clocks, etc running at?

Overclock Addict

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Im using asus pc probe II v1.04.53, and cpuz_174. By the way the 70-80C range its only when i run performance test V6.1 , at gaming and other task the cpu runs at 55-60

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
How is that PSU providing temp data to the mobo? Is there some temp lead I don't know about? I suspect that number is bogus.

The temp number that it is rated for is ambient temp, but it should be running cooler than that. Get a thermometer and put it on the exhaust and compare the temps to the ones on page 2 of this review.

JonnyGURU.com - Cooler Master Real Power Pro RS-A00-EMBA 1000W

What are you using to load the CPU? I just saw you were using Passmark, use Prime95 instead. Don't use it until you get better cooling or you can severely shorten the life of your CPU.

In any case it is too hot. Lower the OC until you get it resolved.

What are you using for a heatsink?

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Your looking at CPU temp, not PSU temp.

The temps for the PSU is for the PSU only, they are not related at all, not at all.

And don't ever trust the Mobo heat sensors. get realtemp or something like that.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Very true. I haven't used the Asus PC Probe, but if you are not getting four separate temps for the CPU then it is monitoring the CPU case temp. This would mean that your temps are way way way too high and CPU failure is imminent, not that they aren't way way too high for core temps, as I said earlier.

Get Core Temp to measure temps.

And for God's sake read this guide.

Core 2 Quad and Duo Temperature Guide