Sign in with
Your question

WD 5ooGB Passport Essential on Mac

Last response: in Storage
May 7, 2009 9:12:33 PM

I own a iMac I use an external 500GB WD Passport Essential. I erased the disk as a Mac OS extended journaled. I coppied a few files and later my system cannot feel the drive. I use R-Studio for mac to recover no way. I need to low level format the disk. any suggestions
July 31, 2011 3:51:55 AM

sadekamr2005 said:
I own a iMac I use an external 500GB WD Passport Essential. I erased the disk as a Mac OS extended journaled. I coppied a few files and later my system cannot feel the drive. I use R-Studio for mac to recover no way. I need to low level format the disk. any suggestions

How about hoop the WD to another Mac machine and use this Mac data recovery program? It ever helped me find back my erased files from my Western Digital external on my Mac. Hope you good luck too. :sweat: 
September 25, 2011 6:02:55 PM

Hi, there. This WD Recovery for Mac may also take a try. Download the program to give a free scan of your Passport Essential drive. Kind tip: you may need to wait several hours to see the result, so just be patient.

Note: data recovery is not 100% sure as there are too many factors influencing the results. If you want to maximize the chances of Mac WD recovery, it is recommended not to use your Passport Essential before the data are recovered. Regards.
!