Good Silverstone Customer Support

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
One year ago I bought a Silverstone Element ST50EF 500Watt PSU and about one month ago I just noticed that I can hear a faint high pitched noise coming out of my PSU even my computer is in OFF state. Having read from the forum that some said that the PSU's capacitor is start to leak, I became paranoid and wrote a letter to Silverstone's customer support right away describing my PSU problem.

One of the staff there replied that my computer will not take any damage from my PSU condition and they've invented some special cable adapter for it. So I decided to forwarded the replied letter from Silverstone to my local Silverstone distributor here.

The next thing I know, my local distributor have sent me this special cable adapter
CableAdaptorii.jpg

and I just plugged that cable to my PSU and the previous faint high pitched noise is no longer heard anymore although I don't have any idea what, why and how my PSU can have that noise but now the problem has been solved.

Hail to Silverstone for being care to their products and customers.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Always loved Silverstone customer support, up there with XFX, Western Digital, Lian-Li, and (producer of the greatest, and the cheapest Audiophile quality MP3 Players out there) Cowon.