e6850 vcore question

eweiss15

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
hi all
ive been having some weird system instabilities (i narrowed most of it down to the ram timings being incorrectly set by the motherboard) but i havent been able to change the vcore of my cpu. im running a gigabyte ep35c-ds3r. in the MIT bios screen i went down to vcore control and changed it to 1.35v (the bottom of the screen displays "normal vcore 1.35v". however after i save and restart the system vcore is still displayed in pc health status as 1.33v. right now im running occt on it and the vcore is displayed at 1.28. i am aware of the power saving function that lowers the cpu clock and such to save power and lessen the heat from the processor; would that affect the vcore in bios since the cpu isnt really under any load yet? i just want to get the vcore to 1.35 to try and see if it solves a freezing stability problem.
the specs listed on newegg for cpu voltage are "0.85V %u2013 1.5V".
enough rambling, ill try in bios to change it again.
thanks!

edit: occt is showing my cpu at -33.33% OC, im assuming this is speedstep?

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
some gigabytes will not let you over ride the voltage past a certain point that is quiet low - most likely the mobo can no support the power.

get a new mobo such as an asus

also remember you should always desk build the cpu/ram/mobo/gpu to debug it - in your case the mobo has a low voltage limit