How to download virus software to memory stick

dredus

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Hello, a virus will not let me get into my laptop to download an anti virus program..Can I download a virus program to a memoty stick via another comp. and install it into my notebook with out having to get on the internet.which I'm unable to do at present. Thanks

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Yes, simply download the installer, load the installer to the memory stick, and then plug the stick into the infected computer. Just make sure that you install the program to your COMPUTER and not the memory stick.

You can do but it will only be scanning using the definitions file at the date it was loaded on to the developers website so until it's updated, it may not be effective. It sounds as though the threat you have is stronger than an AV can cure - you need something like MalwareBytes from http://www.malwarebytes.com or SuperAntiSpyware from http://www.superantispyware.com. Both of those will need updating before they can scan effectively and you may need to fake them past the thrat by chabngin their name - alter MBAM.exe to Fred.exe before putting the stick into the laptop.

First, though, it's worth restarting that laptop and go from the Start button to Run then in the open box, type msconfig and hit Enter. Click the StartUp tab and untick everything. Click Apply and Ok and let the system restart then tick "Don't show this message again" and hit Enter. Chances are you just stopped the threat from automatically starting and can work normally on getting rid of it. Post back abnd let us know how you get on - you may have Rootkit infections.

lazyperson17

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

haha, you just made me bang my head against the wall and ask myself "why didnt i think of that". Good call!

I regularly bang mine :D but dealing with malware on a daily basis, I try to keep a few tricks up my sleeve and renaming files can fool some of the threats some of the time.