password when windows starts

I do not have a password on my machine yet when I bring the system up
(either re-boot or from standby) I get the password screen. With no
password leave it blank, but want to get rid of the password request window
altogether.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Eddie G
2 answers Last reply
More about password windows starts

    Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
    Highlight the username you want automatically logged on.
    Uncheck Users must enter a username.................
    Click Apply.
    Since your password is blank, just Ok your way out of the next dialog, and then out of USERPASSWORDS2.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Eddie G" <mickeddie(removeme)@comcast.net> wrote in message news:jPqdncBsOtB34m_fRVn-jg@comcast.com...
    >I do not have a password on my machine yet when I bring the system up
    > (either re-boot or from standby) I get the password screen. With no
    > password leave it blank, but want to get rid of the password request window
    > altogether.
    >
    > How can I do that?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Eddie G

    Thanks..."users must enter a username..." was already unchecked. I checked
    it then unchecked it...we'll see what happens.

    --
    Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
    Display\Security
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Eddie G" <mickeddie(removeme)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I do not have a password on my machine yet when I bring the system up
    > (either re-boot or from standby) I get the password screen. With no
    > password leave it blank, but want to get rid of the password request
    > window
    > altogether.
    >
    > How can I do that?
    >
    > Thanks,