password when windows starts

I do not have a password on my machine yet when I bring the system up
(either re-boot or from standby) I get the password screen. With no
password leave it blank, but want to get rid of the password request window
altogether.

How can I do that?

Thanks,

Eddie G

Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
Highlight the username you want automatically logged on.
Uncheck Users must enter a username.................
Click Apply.
Since your password is blank, just Ok your way out of the next dialog, and then out of USERPASSWORDS2.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Eddie G" <mickeddie(removeme)@comcast.net> wrote in message news:jPqdncBsOtB34m_fRVn-jg@comcast.com...
>I do not have a password on my machine yet when I bring the system up
> (either re-boot or from standby) I get the password screen. With no
> password leave it blank, but want to get rid of the password request window
> altogether.
>
> How can I do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eddie G

Thanks..."users must enter a username..." was already unchecked. I checked
it then unchecked it...we'll see what happens.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security