Omgwtfbbq1

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
I wanted to overclock my cpu for more juice and i have a few questions..

1. it has about 2.2GHz and planning to go at 3.0GHz or above, its intel Core 2 Duo
2. should my motherboard (ECS 945GZT-M) be able to OC?
3. should i plan on getting another fan to cool it? its temp is 43c (cant really tell if its at a good temp to OC or not)
4. If i see no options on my bios, am i suppose to update or use a program to OC?

is it safe to overclock my CPU? or leave it as its be to upgrade parts?

Ecs boards aren't designed for overclockers. I couldn't get my g33 ecs board with 4 memory slots to even post when trying it overclocked. But your board might work with the copper tape mod. The pictures are available online under "pin mod" or "cpu pin mod" using your favorite search engine. I bought my cpu used at another hardware forum already modded by the seller. The tape is sold in thin rolls at Fry's electronics for $2.99. If your board chipset supports 1066 fsb, it just might post without any bios adjustments at 1066, a 33% overclock. My current ecs boards detects the change, but defaults to 800. My other ecs board with via chipset posts at full speed with no bios adjustments. You'll just have to try it if you can find the tape online somewhere. My cpu is the e4300; my backup is the e4500, which I haven't even opened yet.

teamlosigp

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
i have an E4600 in my second system at 3.2ghz@1.35ish i belive u wont get much higher than that, they top out at about 3.4 on air or water