Backed Win XPS2 Home Edition hard drive with Norton Ghost 9 to USB Western
Digital External drive.. Completed backup with out any problems. Can you
restore from USB Drive to Win XP and not have to reload applications?
Thanks in advance.
--
Lavert Y Bryant
Powder Springs GA

Ghost Tutorials - Click on "How to create and restore an image using a
USB or Firewire device":
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/ghost/ghost_2003_info_tutorial.html

Building Your Image
http://www.micro2000uk.co.uk/techtips/techtips_building_image.htm

Ghost compatibility with USB devices
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/docid/2000101617144125?Open&src=&docid=2002030414141625&nsf=ghost.nsf&view=pfdocs&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Lavert" wrote:

| Backed Win XPS2 Home Edition hard drive with Norton Ghost 9 to USB Western
| Digital External drive.. Completed backup with out any problems. Can you
| restore from USB Drive to Win XP and not have to reload applications?
| Thanks in advance.
| --
| Lavert Y Bryant
| Powder Springs GA

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Make sure whatever you are going to use to boot, has USB 2.0 drivers on it
(I am assuming the external drive is USB). You might try a boot to see if
you can access the external drive using Ghost.

If I want to do a clean install sometimes, I will reload all the software
normally and use the Ghost backup to bring back just files I want to keep.
The Explorer utility can do this.

Clark