GA-P35-DS3L randomly locking up

spiffy

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I dropped a new mobo (GA-p35-DS3L) and processor (core2 6750) and it was running SLOW, switching old stuff was already installed, it would not log into windows but got to that screen ok. After messing with it for a while I decided to just try a clean format, I had a lot of junk I didn't use anyway wasting memory. It reformated and got to the part of installation where the screen is blue and talks about windows XP, on the Installing Windows part at the moment, Installing Devices, and looks like it just locked up again. Its not running that hot all the fans are turning, etc. Can anyone help me and tell me what to do to fix this? Is this 6750 gonna run like crap and all slow or is it the motherboard being a pain? Or is it the memory?

Should I flash the bios or pull the CMOS battery out? I'm just worried about breakin something....
GA-P35-DS3L
Core 2 6750 2.6
2 Gigs 667 Mhz ram (I think?...)
600 Watt kingwin PSU
7600 GT XXX edition

Any help would be appreciated.

spiffy

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
shes a workin now, I took out all but 1 ram stick and I got it to finish the XP insatll on just the one idk if I should add the others back in or if I need to get me new ram or what. I was plannin on upgrading to 4 gigabytes of 800 Mhz ram anyway for 3D modeling, so should I go for that? Any advice out their?

blacksci

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Throw in one stick at a time, figure out which ones are workin, which ones arent, and then replace them. I dont go with the whole memtest idea, as it is hardware, and has failed me before. sometimes the old ways are the best.