April 20th.... eh, today's price drops (Intel)

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Pretty much everyone knows that some price drops from Intel are supposed to affect a number of their processors. They are also bringing in the new e8300 processors.

Sooooo... no price drops have hit right now. Does anyone know when it would be safe to actually order an Intel processor? i.e. when the prices are definitely down to what they're going to be? Monday maybe? lol I think I'm going crazy.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Not as long as fanboys still have money in their pockets... or their parents' pockets.

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006

that would have mae more sense if it wasnt actually a good chip, like the P4 or AMD proc Now. the 8x00 are a good investment

Not cool. What about people who buy E8400s because they need more performance (esp. when OCed) or upgrading from a P4/X2,etc? Are they fanbois too?

Mondoman

Splendid
He wasn't saying that everyone getting an e8xxx is a fanboy, rather he was saying that the many fanboys who will buy "the latest thing" without consideration for performance or cost *ensures* a big early demand, and thus acts against early price drops.

Ummm.... Which company would be milking its fanbase right now? Probably the company with inferior products? Right?

Correction Dagger is a girl/woman/she/female according to her(?) profile. (No offense @ dagger or any one ;) )

btw, are you really a girl/woman/she/female? Asking since there arn't many female tech ppl. ;)

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

No, silly. I'm a 400lb man pretending to be a girl. :D
Because, you know, real girls use usernames like "hotslut1234" and flaunt their gender at every turn. :na:

Seriously, it's the internet. Does it matter? And I didn't know anyone actually look at profiles those days. Interesting. :p

Back on topic. Normal people do not rush to get a cpu as soon as it comes in stock, and empties stock in a matter of hours. Those are signs of fanboyism. It's not actually about their choice, but the zeal with which they adheres to that choice.

True, I only looked at your profile when on some thread you mentioned some thing along the lines of "not every one here is a man" :lol:

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Where was that? I thought I avioded making those kinds of comments. :p

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Hey, it comes with a free Unreal Tournament 3. :D

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Happy 420 [:thegreatgrapeape:1]

Hopefully through the week we will see some good deals. Not that I am buying but good prices are good for everyone. I wouldn't think that prices would change on a Sunday though. I also doubt there will be drops on the 45nm chips since they are still selling like hotcakes. 65nm chips should see a good adjustment though.

Intel is being monopolistic. It's prices are simultaneously HIGH, for lots of profits, but LOW to put AMD out of business.

Intel should be sued for doing this. How dare they price their products both high and low at the same time.

Q6600 @ $~230
- Too High: Intel is making WAY too much money and is evil
- Too Low: Intel is trying to put AMD out of business

INTEL IS TEH EVIL!

ryman554

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006

Nice one, mate.

But to be serious about this -- you all do know that intel is selling literally every 45nm chip they make, right? Don't expect to see a whole lot of movement on them. In fact, due to high yields and improved turnaround time, they have been delivering *more* 45nm chips than they thought they could. And they are on track for 45nm crossover sometime this summer.

I know it seems like they aren't out there... wait until the two other fabs come online and fab32(?) gets a full head of steam.