Switching from Outlook to Palm Desktop question

June 29, 2004 4:06:05 AM

I have been synching my Zaire 21 to my Outlook for awhile and with no
problems. I am just sych of looking at Outlook and would rather switch
to the Palm Desktop interface when synching on my laptop. How do I
make this switch? For some reason just opening the Palm Desktop and
synching doesn't do it, except for note pad. What do I have to do? Am
I permanently committed now to being able to synch only with Outlook?
July 4, 2004 7:44:36 AM

David Kilo wrote:
> I have been synching my Zaire 21 to my Outlook for awhile and with no
> problems. I am just sych of looking at Outlook and would rather switch
> to the Palm Desktop interface when synching on my laptop. How do I
> make this switch? For some reason just opening the Palm Desktop and
> synching doesn't do it, except for note pad. What do I have to do? Am
> I permanently committed now to being able to synch only with Outlook?

I think you need to re-install Palm Desktop, this will then let you set
up your conduits again and choose Desktop rather than Outlook.

hth
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 6:30:59 AM

Can I import what I have in Outlook and in my Palm Or will I lose it
when I make the switch from outlook to Palm?

Dave <pedantickyNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<E2LFc.77428$sj4.40569@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> David Kilo wrote:
> > I have been synching my Zaire 21 to my Outlook for awhile and with no
> > problems. I am just sych of looking at Outlook and would rather switch
> > to the Palm Desktop interface when synching on my laptop. How do I
> > make this switch? For some reason just opening the Palm Desktop and
> > synching doesn't do it, except for note pad. What do I have to do? Am
> > I permanently committed now to being able to synch only with Outlook?
>
> I think you need to re-install Palm Desktop, this will then let you set
> up your conduits again and choose Desktop rather than Outlook.
>
> hth
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 3:33:54 PM

Of course you can.
Sync first with Outlook. Now click in the tryicon the Hotsync icon and
change the sync options for PalmDesktop to overwrite PalmDesktop. If your
Palm is in sync then it will transfer all of your data to PalmDesktop
!