RAID failed after shut down...!

Nikos_1

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Hi everyone!The last 2 weeks i am having some problems regarding 2 hard disk drives connected in raid mode with Intel's raid controller of Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6.On the raid drives i have installed Vista ultimate 32-bit and i have one other disk (ide) on which i have installed Windows XP , Vista ultimate 64bit and Ubuntu 8.04.The problem is tha suddenly one day when i powered on my PC the bios at startup says raid failed and it boots from the other disk which is not raid(the one with the 3 operating systems)The only way bios can recognise the raid array is to boot from ubuntu and the restart.Otherwise it cannot,whether i click stand by or hybernate or even shut down.Only when i restart from linux.So the question is why that happend and if so what can i do to fix it?

My rig:
Gigabyte GA X38 DQ6
4x1GB corsair dominator pc 8500 1066MHz
2x powercolor HD3870
Intel core 2 duo E6750 2,66MHz
PSU:thermaltake toughpower 750W

Thanks in advance

halcyon

Splendid
In the bios (I'm not familiar with Gigabyte's bios on that board) you'll want to verify that the drives are in RAID mode, that they're set as your first hard disk in the hard drive order, and that you're set to boot from the RAID array. Can you confirm that these are set?

Nikos_1

Distinguished
May 15, 2008

Yes they are all set well regarding raid, as i had no problem since tha last 3 days.I also though that maybe the battery if CMOS was ready to die but then i saw that all the other settings in bios are saved after shutdown.And the raid ones.That's why i cannot understand why that happens and linux have to do with this???