Motherboard won't get past POST now

caselogic

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2007
So, yesterday I started up my computer and my BIOS gave a strange message, something about autoloading BIOS defaults or something (this was after an accidental power down, it wasn't a clean shut down from Windows). Well, ever since it did that, it won't get through the POST anymore. All my system fans come on, but my CPU fan does not come on and nothing comes to the monitor. I can't judge what the POST results are because my newer case doesn't come with a built-in speaker (thanks guys), so I can't hear any beeps.

I tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery but to no avail. I want to say that I've run into this problem before and it just kinda fixed itself after a few tries to turn on the PC, but right now I'm not having that same luck.

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I don't think any of my hardware is faulty since it booted up just fine before giving me that weird BIOS message. I've tried only 1 stick of RAM instead of both, I've tried removing both, I've tried no vid card, but always the same result.

I have a Gigabyte P35-DS3R mobo

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
to successfully post, the comp need memory module( at least one) , cpu, mobo and gpu. it doesn't need the hard drive. i would unplug everything but these components and see if it posts. unplug everthing from usb ports and allthe addons. then try different memeory modules. if you have extra parts, now is the time to swap them as see if computer posts.only psu, mobo, ram, cpu and gpu are needed to post. play around with these components.