"Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

lxbc

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Problems with a generic, "no-name" gigabit LAN card. The drivers on the included cd identify it as a Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC. Here's what properties for the device say:

Device type: Network adapters

Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Device status: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

I have reinstalled the drivers several times. Even tried letting Windows connect to Windows Update from the Hardware Update Wizard, which, incidentally, identified the card as a Dynex Gigabit NIC (and which, obviously, didn’t work, or I wouldn't be writing).

The NIC worked the first time I installed it, but after installing and then uninstalling a Soundblaster card (which hosed the whole system), I started getting the error above. I have identical cards installed in nearly identical machines in our office (Dell Vostro 200’s), which are NOT having the same problems.

But - there is one other machine - a Dell Dimension 3000 - which is having a similar problem with the very same type of "no-name," generic gigabit NIC. The already-mentioned Soundblaster card actually came out of the Dimension 3000 and into the Vostro machine that I was initially writing about. However, the Soundblaster was already in the Dimension 3000 when I installed the NIC card in the Dimension 3000, and even though the NIC card in the Dimension 3000 is having similar problems as the Vostro, the Dimension 3000 didn't have the same system-wide problems as the Vostro when the Soundblaster was in the Vostro. (And sorry for the run-on sentence.)

Anyway, the Soundblaster isn't in either machine at the moment, but both are having pretty much the same problems with the NIC.

Any ideas?

emperornik

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
dude
same problem here
how ever i donot know the source of this problem :fou:

i am totally freaked out
can you help me
reply if u have found the solution before i hard format my disk and loose all mah data [da sad n da last way :cry: ]

if u do find the solution mail me @ emperornik@yahoo.com

ANY help would be useful :)

matti khan

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
how i install the pci drivers that there is no speakers in my cpu ihave 400000 drivers but they donot work plzzzzzzzz help me plzzzzzzzz.

matti khan

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
how i can install pci devices plzzzz give me instructions in easy mode
:sweat:

raymarsh6

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
I culd not use nework as windows could not load IEEE1394 drivers, to overcome this situation I went into BIOS and disabled 1394 adaptor and this rectified the cannot load windows driver ( code 31 ) problem. All running fin now maybe this will help you.