Cant uninstall mouse drivers vista

brewbakr

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Hello,

I'm having headaches with my Vista based Dell laptop touchpad. Finally yesterday I found out how to uninstall the driver for the touchpad and install an updated one. Well, I uninstalled the driver and restarted and everything worked fine for a change. The touchpad wasn't over sensitive and the touchpad icon was showing on the tool tray for the first time.

But...today my computer locked up and auto restarted, after which the touchpad problem returned. when I went to uninstall the driver, the touchpad isn't shown in the devices. But a new, different mouse is. I tried to uninstall it several times, but it doesn't remove it even though it says it has and restart.

Any ideas on what's going on here? It's irritating the heck out of me. POS!!!

Brew

Have you tried uninstall in safe mode ?

Was by chance a Windows Update installed after you successfully had things working ? You can check, in add/remove programs (put check in box that says show updates) and uninstall the update if you find an applicable one.

brewbakr

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
No there wasn't an update. Have had this touchpad problem for a long time, but thought I finally had it resolved. After the lockup and shutdown it shows a PS/2 compatible mouse installed that wasn't there before. Weird!