Sign in with
Your question

Remote shutdown causes BSOD but not local shutdown

Last response: in Windows XP
August 3, 2010 9:16:52 PM

Hi guys if i remote into my XP box everything is fine except when i shut down using a shutdown shortcut and other shutdown utilities no matter what after i get booted off the remote session the computer looks like its shutting down then stays on for a few seconds then a BSOD appear. I have been trying to figure out why for the past week and no solution so im hoping someone can chime in.

The problem is only on remote if i shut down locally never a single BSOD and no hardware has changed. No driver issues. ive read and tried all the usual solutions. Need someone here to chime in on specifics.

Ive also tried to remote in with bare minimum and no go. same thing.
August 5, 2010 6:39:15 AM

jetspeedz said:
Hi guys if i remote into my XP box everything is fine except when i shut down using a shutdown shortcut and other shutdown utilities no matter what after i get booted off the remote session the computer looks like its shutting down then stays on for a few seconds then a BSOD appear. I have been trying to figure out why for the past week and no solution so im hoping someone can chime in.

The problem is only on remote if i shut down locally never a single BSOD and no hardware has changed. No driver issues. ive read and tried all the usual solutions. Need someone here to chime in on specifics.

Ive also tried to remote in with bare minimum and no go. same thing.

Quote:
Need someone here to chime in on specifics

How about that BSOD?? Can you be specific? It usually has an error name and a bunch of numbers.
!