Motherboard wont boot from cd.

miices

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
I have an Asus P5LD2 with a 3.2 P4 on it. Windows XP just today has totally gone to hell and i was trying to re-install it. I set boot device priority to cd, and when i restarted it, it says that it cant find the boot device.

It recognizes that there are 2 cd drives attached. It lets me change the BIOS so i can boot from the primary cd drive. I made a bootable floppy(with cd drivers) to see if i could access the drives at all. It recognizes that they are there, but says they are busy.

It has worked before 2-3 times, so im a little confused. I did update the BIOS recently, so i tried downgrading them to the original. It didnt change anything, they still show up, but are considered busy for some reason.

It recognizes the SATA hard drive, but it says that its busy too. So they are connected somehow.

It is almost 2.5 years old, i might have finally fried something in it. But it just seems strange to me that the drives dont even spin up or react at all when it is told to boot from disk.

Help please!! I dont have the money to replace the board and im getting frustrated after working on it for several hours. :fou: