Cable Connection / Antenna?

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 20, 2005 10:55:46 AM

Certainly my ignorance will show with my question, but since this group has
always been so helpful I will ask it nonetheless.

I am getting the Pioneer 5050 and will be using Times Warner as my cable
connection. When reading the Pioneer User Manual it shows an illustration
for connection utilizing a splitter. Is the splitter a mandatory part of
the connection or just an alternative set up? If it is an alternative, are
there benefits to this type of connection?

Thank you in advance for your advise.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:09:45 PM

You would only use a splitter if you were going to send the signal to two
separate devices. If you are just running your cable directly into your TV
set's cable input or into your cable box, then you would not use one. But
if, for example, you wanted to run the signal into your cable box and also
into a separate DVR, then you might use a splitter for that purpose. In
some cases, if your cable signal is not strong enough, a splitter can be a
problem but in most cases it is not.

mack
austin

"Felice" <delcolle@charter.net> wrote in message
> Certainly my ignorance will show with my question, but since this group
> has
> always been so helpful I will ask it nonetheless.
>
> I am getting the Pioneer 5050 and will be using Times Warner as my cable
> connection. When reading the Pioneer User Manual it shows an illustration
> for connection utilizing a splitter. Is the splitter a mandatory part of
> the connection or just an alternative set up? If it is an alternative,
> are
> there benefits to this type of connection?
>
> Thank you in advance for your advise.

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 1:07:55 PM

Mack McKinnon wrote:
> You would only use a splitter if you were going to send the signal to two
> separate devices. If you are just running your cable directly into your TV
> set's cable input or into your cable box, then you would not use one. But
> if, for example, you wanted to run the signal into your cable box and also
> into a separate DVR, then you might use a splitter for that purpose. In
> some cases, if your cable signal is not strong enough, a splitter can be a
> problem but in most cases it is not.
>
> mack
> austin
>

> "Felice" <delcolle@charter.net> wrote in message
>
>>Certainly my ignorance will show with my question, but since this group
>>has
>>always been so helpful I will ask it nonetheless.
>>
>>I am getting the Pioneer 5050 and will be using Times Warner as my cable
>>connection. When reading the Pioneer User Manual it shows an illustration
>>for connection utilizing a splitter. Is the splitter a mandatory part of
>>the connection or just an alternative set up? If it is an alternative,
>>are
>>there benefits to this type of connection?
>>
>>Thank you in advance for your advise.

or as a dual input to a TV with two tuners so that you can use
Picture-In-Picture.

Bill
!